Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

In Search Of Anyone Who Owns Or Knows Of A 1953 Henning Nickel

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 2,209Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! Those 46's seem to be struck weaker the most of the other hennings, and I've only seen two blurry and compressed pictures of em.
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelcollectr85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I was thinking as well but the looped-R was a great giveaway for me to notice it.. the reverse matches my 47 really good but the looped T's don't have much differences between the ones I have
Valued Member
United States
378 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JC Stevens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
JC Stevens if you need an image of the 46 feel free to use mine if you'd like. It's the looped R type and is over weight at 5.25 grams.

Can you email me some better images for the site.
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The other big diagnostic on the reverse with the looped r, is a void right above the N in CENTS. Not as noticeable, but still always there.
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent the weekend searching through all my rolls of nickels, weighing them and closely observing them with no luck. I searched the net and read dozens of articles to the point of frying my brain and eyes. I did come across a 1954 example on the web which had the looped R AND the die crack (later die state) from dome to rim just like some 1939 and 1944 coins. This could possibly be the missing 6th die. I went back in my computer history to try and find it but I had gone through so many links that I couldn't find it again. I should have bookmarked it.
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apparently he started making the nickels in 53, so he probably wouldn't have made another obverse die months later. Still interested in it though
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelcollectr85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JohnH4444 I went through my henning collection to check and see that all my looped R coins had the scar marking above the letter N in cents just to double check. Every single one of them had the marking on them... I'll have to ad that note to the list of diagnostics I've gathered over the years. Thanks for the knowledge
Valued Member
206 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad I could help you out a little.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 2,209Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05