Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ty2020b Buffalo Nickel AU / MS Set....in Progress W/Updates

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 2,819Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2182 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up several upgrades as of late, have also done a few crossovers and NGC/PCGS subs. Some grades have posted, and overall I'm happy with results. Will post a few here when I get pictures.

First up....1926 Phili. Some weakness in the hair above the braid, but overall strong strike. Amazing luster and frosty in hand. Very happy with this one.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2182 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another upgrade. Luster appears better in hand with this one. Still struggling to find the sweet spot on buff photography to capture detail AND luster....

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2182 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The others have been uploaded to my NGC Registry. Will update that with pics as I am able to.

https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/317802/
Pillar of the Community
United States
7055 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing additions!
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love it! Outstanding to see someone, like myself, that's not afraid of a few detail graded coins. Eye appeal above all else. And you're nailing it. I'm working on one of my own, raw with clear full digit date and a 3/4 horn minimum housed in a green Littleton this time around. I see that were struggling with the same dates. Keep chuggin' along!
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1653 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have a fantastic looking set of Buffalo nickels in progress .

The 1926 MS66 you recently acquired is exceptional!
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2182 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone!

The goal was to complete the set and THEN upgrade/crossover ANACS slabs, but I have had a tough time finding the usual culprits...... 1920's D & S. Decided to start picking up upgrades and send off any better dates/higher grades that I had. The journey will continue and will soon slow significantly on the tougher to find dates.

Will post better pics of a few of the others I have at NGC/PCGS when they arrive.
Pillar of the Community
United States
916 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ty, how do you store the slabs? In trays?
How about slab albums like those from Lighthouse or Eagle?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2182 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@NumisEd, they're in a binder with the lighthouse encap slab pages.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2182 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more upgrades and crossovers, rest of what was submitted is on my registry link.

Recent Pickup

This one was previously ANACS MS63. Id personally call this MS64, guessing they gave it an eye appeal bump for the toning (not really visible, but its the Profile pic on my Registry Complete Set). Cant say I agree, but Ill take it.

Previously ANACS MS64

Recent Pickup

Edited by Ty2020b
03/08/2021 3:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2182 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the one that started it all. Not AU or MS, but this was passed down from my grandmother, and as a kid of course the classic 3-leg peaked my interest. Will happily blame my grandmother for my love of Buffs. Decided to finally pull it from the album, get it slabbed and include it in the set.

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A few more upgrades and crossovers, rest of what was submitted is on my registry link.
Looking good!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3286 Posts
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! that 38 d/d is just stunning! you got some real gems in that set!
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 2,819Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05