Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who's Buying 2020 Mint Sets?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 94 / Views: 2,907Next Topic
Page: of 7
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20020 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As usual I'll get several sets so I can get those coins for my Albums.
just carl
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received the email that my subscription order is being processed. Feel fortunate that I received the W nickel with my silver proof set in April.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3555 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Received the email that my subscription order is being processed. Feel fortunate that I received the W nickel with my silver proof set in April.

Just got my subscription email as well. This thread is the first I had heard about no W nickel but like you, at least I got one in my proof set earlier this year. I guess that will add to the scarcity a bit.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@88isgreat and @KenKat: The W nickels in the proof sets were different issues than the ones that were supposed to come with the uncirculated set. The Proof Set came with a proof nickel, the Silver Proof Set came with a reverse proof nickel, and (I believe) the Uncirculated Set was supposed to come with an uncirculated nickel. So the mintages (or lack thereof) on this one doesn't have an impact on the mintages for the other issues.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i.e. the mint's way of encouraging people to buy all three sets...
Pillar of the Community
United States
938 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the high price to face value ration of the 2020 set is enough to discourage many people from even seeking the sets as they won't see the value. They'll just get individual coins out of rolls from dealers.

I pondered on that thought. I always seem to arrive at the conclusion that things go up from year to year, material and wages ect, that few dollars may in fact be a contributing factor in a larger sense. Thanks Bret for point that out.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1764 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also picked up a handful. One to crack for sets, one to keep as is, rest for the kiddos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
938 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the replies. I'm amazed that so many on the forum still buy these, I was expecting a few would not, yet the response looks to be 100%. Despite the last mint elimination of the West Point issue Jefferson. That said, I have two coming plus the Innovation set and first two reverse proof issues. Quick and easy, glitch free ordering this time. And no Capcha!
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The W nickels in the proof sets were different issues than the ones that were supposed to come with the uncirculated set. The Proof Set came with a proof nickel, the Silver Proof Set came with a reverse proof nickel, and (I believe) the Uncirculated Set was supposed to come with an uncirculated nickel. So the mintages (or lack thereof) on this one doesn't have an impact on the mintages for the other issues.
Correct.

My subscription order is still processing along with the Mayflower set (now two weeks old).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9290 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bonus unc 2021 W nickel in the 2021 Mint Sets next year.
I really don't think making a 2020 W unc nickel was all that big of a deal for the mint when they can probably pump out 213,000 in a day.
I was only after the nickel. I won't be buying a set. I bought my proof and reverse proof W nickels as singles.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bonus unc 2021 W nickel in the 2021 Mint Sets next year.
It would be weird having proof and reverse proof 2020 with uncirculated 2021, but I shall not complain.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3555 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@88isgreat and @KenKat: The W nickels in the proof sets were different issues than the ones that were supposed to come with the uncirculated set. The Proof Set came with a proof nickel, the Silver Proof Set came with a reverse proof nickel, and (I believe) the Uncirculated Set was supposed to come with an uncirculated nickel. So the mintages (or lack thereof) on this one doesn't have an impact on the mintages for the other issues.

True but it still makes have a 2020 W nickel a little more of a novelty...
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Processing? Are they selling them first and then packaging afterwards? Seems odd they aren't flying out the door as soon as they are sold. They use Cloudflare to take our money in an organized manner but shipping is is loose goosey.
Learn More...
United States
94433 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know, right? With previous sets I got shipping notification before the work day had ended.
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 94 / Views: 2,907Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05