Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australian And New Zealand Coins, How Far Back Can We Go - First Edition

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 395 / Views: 6,269Next Topic
Page: of 27
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2015 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Australian coins dated 2018 back to 1999 are all of the Ian Rank Broadley effigy

My 2 circulation coins are a $2 coin (Standard design) and a 5 cent piece.

Coloured $2 coins include

The beautiful remembrance/armistice centenary coin and the colourful Eternal flame coin, one of my favourites of the coloured $2 series (In case you all have not noticed, I absolutely love these things, these $2 ring coins)

The other 4, $2 coloured coins include the Invictus games (Not coloured sorry) and 3 related directly to the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast, these are nice designs and an improvement on the 2016 Olympic coins, which looked crowded.

Coloured $2 coins started in 2012, but 2016 on to 2019 saw series begin with

2016 - Olympics - 5 ring coins + paralympics
2017 - Possum Magic - 3 coins + several $1 and 50 censt
2018 - Gold Coast Commonwealth games - 3 coins + Invictus
2019 - Mr Squiggle - 4 coins
2020 - Nothing, but blame covid.
2021 - Who knows, one coin announced, Indigenous Australian flag.

And of course Remembrance has been a constant theme 2012 - 2020 except 2013.

Thats me for 2018, now lets see your beauties!

STOP PRESS UPDATE: Just found out the cute little koala on the coin is called Borobi and he was the mascot of the games!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
12/03/2020 8:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2735 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's start with the 2018 ANZAC $1.

Now the Commonwealth Games $1

I think my favourite coin for 2018 is the eternal flame,
Lest We forget, $2 coin.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2015 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great minds think alike, that eternal flame coin.

Meanwhile just won a good collection of circulated and commem $1, 20c and 50c along with a good group of 1c to 10c with many scarce dates. And realised the lot included a near complete run of pennies and halfpence (Average) but worth it for like $80 NZ (Everything - face is nearly $60 alone).

You are all going to see these coins in a few weeks.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9386 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Australia -- 30 dollars, 2018:

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7961 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2018 Auztralia 20 cents and MOR 1 Dollar:

Valued Member
Australia
497 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Have you had any experiences with the famous Mr Squiggle?

I do remember watching it as a kid. The basic concept was that kids would send in a squiggle on paper. Mr Squiggle would then add to the squiggle to produce something else. It was all done by marionette puppets (except the female assistant of course). The puppeteer was also the shows originator. Yes, odd that it was not shown in NZ. Maybe because of posting the squiggles from NZ to Oz was too expensive for kids?
Can see an episode here:

zdmsE-Bff7k

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. [youtube][/youtube] Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2015 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks,

Now are we going to see some of your coins here, or do we have to get back a few decades, fair enough.

NumisRob love that big silver piece and you're the first to refer to the dollar as Mob of Roos in this thread.
Valued Member
Australia
497 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Now are we going to see some of your coins here, or do we have to get back a few decades, fair enough.

Hopefully. Am currently setting up the rig for taking pics with my DSLR. Although I use the scanner the SLR just takes better pics.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2015 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't get too worried, my own coin photography skills are a real shocker at the best of times.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2735 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, it looks like we have scrolled over 2017.
Let's see what I can find...

Ok, let's start with the 3 Possum Magic $2 coins.

How can we go past the XY GT-HO Phase III Falcon.

View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 15,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2015 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FAIR DINKUM!

Nice Ford Falcon coin.

I had the Possum Magic coins too - another Australian fad lost on me, here Possums are pests as they endanger our forests and habitats of all our timid birds. Our wildlife is so tame and archaic here (Mostly Jurassic era), No kangaroos, sharks, jimbles, crown of thorns, perenties or goannas here - just flightless birds scared of their own shadows and a shy pocket sized lizard called a tuatara.

The other 2017 $2 coloured coins included Remembrance and the Lest we forget, again both with very nice colour bands and not forgetting the classic Aboriginal elder coin.

New Zealand issued sweet fanny adams in coins for circulation (Things pick up in 2016 backwards).

Because of the lack of coins I have for 3 years ago - I will show you my Possum magic trio too, although mine are a bit worn and suffer from the same mediocre photography of my other
posts.

I did enjoy Mr Squiggle though, very funny as all the characters had ultra blokey Australian accents.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7961 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  04:25 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2017 Australia 50 cents (50th anniversary of MABO High Court decision):
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2015 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nearly forgot - an image showing the date 2017, for the year of the moment.

2017 is probably my sparsest year back to at least the 20s at this stage, I don't even have a 5c or 10c coin from that year of either country.

2016 will be much better I swear!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
849 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2018 Auztralia 20 cents and MOR 1 Dollar:

@ NumisRob ... and a nice backpack on the second kangaroo!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2735 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These coins are NCLT and were a newspaper release in 2017.
As far as I am aware, these and the coins in 2016, are the only 25c coins.

OFEC count = 237
Edited by triggersmob
12/05/2020 04:27 am
Page: of 27 Previous TopicReplies: 395 / Views: 6,269Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05