Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Will Ebay Reimburse Buyer If USPS Loses Package.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 449Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
7302 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  7:04 pm Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Sold a small item, and a week past the delivery date the buyer contacted me. It's in the USPS system somewhere, but tracking hasn't updated in a week. I asked the buyer to please be patient. Does ebay reimburse the buyer for USPS screw ups. I have some homework to do on this, but just figured I'd post it here in the mean time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53535 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you send it without insurance?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3273 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
seller is responsible for getting item, to the buyer.. Hopefully buyer will wait, if they open a case for non receipt, ebay will refund them, with your money.. Best of luck.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5754 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have hope! Packages have a way of getting stuck in the bottom of a mail sack or wedged on a conveyor belt. They usually show back up.

You, as the Seller, are ultimately responsible for seeing your Buyer receives their package. Insurance helps but the USPS hoop jumping requirements can be tough to navigate..... especially the inevitable appeals process.

If the post office messes up, it is still your baby to deal with.

There have been instances in the past where eBay has made "courtesy refunds" (out of their own pocket) when they determined that the Seller was not at fault. I haven't heard of that happening in a few years though.

Hope this works out for you and your Buyer. Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8059 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I once had a package get lost for a month before they delivered it, $600 coin.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9542 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In most cases the seller will need to reimburse the buyer. eBay may well cover your expenses as well but you must first take care of your buyer. Then contact eBay with your information and they will likely cover your costs.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
1084 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  08:56 am  Show Profile   Check Kloccwork419's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Kloccwork419 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay needs to stop "estimating" a delivery date. They are NEVER right. Right now, USPS is all over the place with getting a package delivered. Hopefully you can talk the buyer into holding off for a few more days to see if it pops up on tracking. If it still doesn't, you might as well refund the buyer and chalk it up as a loss. I've had several over the years do this and sometimes the buyer, when they eventually get it, will message me to send the payment back. Its a 50/50 shot on that. Just sweet talk the buyer for now because if the package doesn't get there, they will be refunded. There is always refunds to buyer if they want it. Doesn't matter how you list the item.

Like Grape said, I had coins lost in transit for a month and sometimes longer before they get delivered. Some "missent" lately to the wrong city 2-3 times before getting to the right one. Had a buyer that bought a coin, a week later bought another one. Took 3 days for the 2nd one to get delivered while the first one never updated for a month, then was delivered. I refunded the seller, he tried to pay me back and I told him just keep it. Hes bought several times since. So up to you how you handle it but they will get their money back if they want it.
Edited by Kloccwork419
12/02/2020 09:01 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
974 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
eBay needs to stop "estimating" a delivery date.

Agree. I've had 2 buyers whining that I "promised" the package would be there by a certain date
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2685 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed on promised delivery dates.

I have had three packages, one I sent and two sent to me, which simply disappeared from USPS tracking, with no updates, for seven or eight days.

They all did end up being delivered, but tracking and estimate/promised delivery dates are an issue right now.
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
2114 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've wondered what that "promised delivery date" means. If the "promised" date is missed, what then?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1904 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2020  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Check jdmern's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jdmern to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USPS service is really, really bad. We have over 70 packages that have been stuck at the Springfield, MA sort facility for at least a week, a few of them going on 3 weeks. Never seen anything like this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
974 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2020  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never seen usps mail as behind as it is right now
Pillar of the Community
United States
2175 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2020  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Due to high volume USPS has always had issues between the end of November & the 1st of the year. Once I realized that I stopped shipping by the 14th of December to avoid late shipments. I didn't need the stress & could stand to spend time with family anyway. This year I stopped buying/selling on the 9th....& 3/4 of things I've shipped or bought have been late. Half of those have been missing more than a week beyond normal shipping time. I refunded someone yesterday for an item I shipped on November 26th. I blame it on the holidays, workers out with covid, & the cost cutting measures that have recently been implemented.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2901 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2020  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Out USPS issues occurred earlier in the year. I mean everything is late but at most 2/3 days unlike the week+ from March to April and July to August. In August we got mail once a week only for 5 weeks.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 449Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05