Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are Your 2021 Collecting Goals?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 74 / Views: 2,593Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
4802 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2020  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd love to upgrade one, possibly both, of my pre-1800 Liberty Cap coppers (cent and Half Cent). I'm guessing finding them in a condition I like is going to run at least $3000 apiece, so I'm not optimistic about actually getting both, but you never know!

Here are my current examples:

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2020  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Some really great goals all.

For 2021 I would like to:
Complete the Ike album I recently started.
Continue to fill holes in my Mercury CAPS album (way too many to list)
Continue to work on the JFK half album (1964 to 2002) started this year
Stop being annoyed by how autocorrect changes what I typed
Pillar of the Community
United States
2194 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2020  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For 2021 I would like to:
* Add the 1972 varieties and 1990/2013/2015 coins to my recently completed PCGS basic Ike dollar set.
* Complete the Red OPA set.
* Complete the "Boggs Money" 6 coin Sacagawea set.
* Dust of my Kennedy half dollar album and start adding to it.
* Start finding things in the CoinStar machines again.
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2020  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
* Add the 1972 varieties and 1990/2013/2015 coins to my recently completed PCGS basic Ike dollar set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6335 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2020  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to say I did my goal for 2020 by maintaining my silver proof set, proof commemorative dollars, and any new ASE issues for the year. 2020 was the least amount purchased in close to 20 years records.

That being said I will keep the same goals but add one missing key to my other sets. Here are my choices:

1950 proof cameo Franklin half
1928 Hawaiian Commemorative half
1921 or 1921 d Walking Liberty half
Bust quarter for my 7070
1893 Morgan dollar for the date set.

I have dropped the quest for a set of $5 gold commemoratives as the price of gold has nearly doubled since I started to acquire them. Long term possibly for the future.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3818 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2020  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Priority #1 is myself and my family surviving the pandemic.

Coin related goals include;
Continue on the route of quality over quantity.
Learn more about spotting sterling, coin, and other silver in the wild at estate sales, flea markets, and such.
Try to focus on series that have been out of my reach by cutting down purchase frequency.
Always try to learn more and work on leveraging other collectable finds down the road to fund my collections. I eventually want to be an antique dealer on the side.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2020  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to fill in a few final gaps in some of my collections. I have about 9 coins I'm looking to acquire that would seriously condense my list so I would be able to focus in more exclusive on my remaining few working collections. It would be a huge milestone for myself. Total for all the coins is approximately $1900-$2300 so it's doable but have to see how the year pans out.
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2020  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Working on my PCGS Registry Type Set 1794 thru 1964. The early coppers was quite a task and a learning curve for me. Getting my education on coppers for sure.
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2020  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snobro110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My goals are to finish my Wheat cent collection & to make a beastly Die Cracks & Cud Errors Collection that I just started on yesterday. And to get as much silver as possible!
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2020  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snobro110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, and to update/gain coin knowledge. I'm pretty rusty and have gotten my hopes up way to many times now, so I should really start doing more research.
Pillar of the Community
United States
605 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2020  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My goal for 2021 is to collect the coins that I ordered from the U.S. Mint in 2020. I've got one enrollment that hasn't shipped for weeks, and two other orders that have been in a perpetual state of "Processing."
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  01:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My goal for 2021 is to collect the coins that I ordered from the U.S. Mint in 2020.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1314 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Fill one hole in each of my Barber dime and Washington quarter sets

2. Fill the final hole in my ATB clad proof sets, fill one hole in my ATB silver proof sets, and pick up the last six S-mint ATB Quarters

3. Fill one hole in my Mint Sets

4. Buy or trade for 2-5 modern US coins on my Want List

5. Avoid impulse buys, i.e. anything that is not on my set lists, and do not start any new sets or expand existing sets

6. Swap out coins in old holders, finish grading coins, soak coins from old mint sets in acetone, create new binders, and update old photos
Pillar of the Community
United States
605 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My goal for 2021 is to collect the coins that I ordered from the U.S. Mint in 2020. I've got one enrollment that hasn't shipped for weeks, and two other orders that have been in a perpetual state of "Processing."

Okay, so the U.S. Mint sent me an email today stating that it will not be able to fulfill my order for the " America the Beautiful Quarters 2020 Proof Set (20AP)," which is currently in Remind Me status. I, of course, purchased it when it was not at Remind Me status on December 18. My order has been in Processing since the 18th.

Today's email states that the U.S. Mint will be cancelling my order for the ATB Quarters 2020 Proof Set and refunding my money.

So, what did I do? I logged onto the U.S. Mint website and set up an Enrollment for the ATB Quarters Proof Set, which states that my first set in the Enrollment will be the 2020 set.

Let's see if that works.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2383 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to:

1) Find a "Gold" page for my 7070
2) Pick up a second 7070 binder only
3) Get blank pages for the 7070 for 50 or so "missing" US Type coins from the original Dansco Album

KK
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 74 / Views: 2,593Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05