Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ike Alert - Started An Ike Album Today.

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,059Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
1331 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2021  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
back @88isgreat:
You are the reason I decided to complete an Ike set...
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You are the reason I decided to complete an Ike set...

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10961 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats, 88isgreat!!

I completed my Dansco 8176 back in 2015 with theassistance of a couple of CCF members, however I didn't collect both '72 Type I and II (no labeled hole in the Dansco for them). And I agree -- it was a fun, affordable set to assemble.

I am currently assembling a slabbed set of Ikes which includes other Eisenhower coins (Presidential Dollars, commemorative coins from 2013 and 1990, etc.) and for that set I will definitely include the '72 Type I and II.

Congrats again!
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2021  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Last hole filled. 1972 Type 1.
Congratulations!

Welcome to the Club!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally had some time to take pictures of the completed album. May fill the empty holes at the end with the commemoratives.

Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Finally had some time to take pictures of the completed album.
Outstanding!

Quote:
May fill the empty holes at the end with the commemoratives.
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2021  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webekin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My book is a Eisenhower and Anthony Dollars 1971-1999.
Missing 3 Ike's, 1971s, 1972s, and the 1973s. I have them in the blue envelopes with the blue plastic coin, but should I open the Silver Mint sets to fill these holes. I purchased the 1974s from the LCS for $9.00 just a raw coin in a clear plastic single coin holder. Beautiful coin, appears to be UNC. So I could wait for another opportunity for these three coins that I need. Also need the 1981P/D SBA, have the S in very nice condition. I started my Ike's because my wife had one her Grandfather gave her years ago. Now I have 258 circulated and also some Blue silver mint sets. I like Ike's. Webekin
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have them in the blue envelopes with the blue plastic coin, but should I open the Silver Mint sets to fill these holes.
I would. Actually, I did just that for my Dansco.

Quote:
I started my Ike's because my wife had one her Grandfather gave her years ago. Now I have 258 circulated and also some Blue silver mint sets. I like Ike's. Webekin
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,059Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05