Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hfjacinto's NGC Registry 7070 Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 288 / Views: 7,844Next Topic
Page: of 20
Pillar of the Community
United States
3393 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When the greatest coin collector* (winesteven) and the greatest currency collector (the poison dart of the Coin World world) *
like my coin, I am humbled.

* While there are many coin and currency collectors out there, your sets truly impress me and there isn't one coin/currency that you own that I don't aspire to own.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto, you're too kind!
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today's pick up is a large cent.
Very nice!

Quote:
I'm at 60% complete with this coin and tomorrows.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8520 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickup! You've sped along quite quickly, according to NGC I'm only 57% there, though we are technically doing different Registry Sets with different requirements.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2323 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one. You'll probably have this set done before I even pick up my next coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
3393 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all!

Grape while I am at 60% and you are at 57% I'm only ranked 139 while your in the top 60. Big difference in cost and grade :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8520 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Once this next purchase is finalized I'll be top 50!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3393 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Once this next purchase is finalized I'll be top 50!

So while I'll probably be at 100% before you, your set will be much higher grade than mine.

And congrats on making it to the top 50!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8520 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

So while I'll probably be at 100% before you, your set will be much higher grade than mine.

Very likely lol. The other thing to consider is the # of slots. The set you're doing has 78 slots while mine has 128, granted I won't likely be filling them, but who knows maybe I'll change my mind.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3393 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From a large one cent we go to a small half dime. Imagine the time the half dimes circulated, you still had large cents, trime, Half Cents, Seated Liberty coinage, small cents (flying eagle and IHC), Shield nickels, 3 cent nickels. I would have loved to get back those coins in change. (this one is date 1871, all those coins and others were in circulation).

Sadly this coin didn't move me in the registry set, but it did get me to 60%.

Edited by hfjacinto
02/04/2021 08:51 am
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2021  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A victory nonetheless.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

So in about two months you went from zero to 47 coins? All from LCS?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3393 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2021  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So in about two months you went from zero to 47 coins? All from LCS?

Not really. Looking at my records I had about 24 coins already slabbed. If I was doing this RAW I have about 50/55 coins I could have put into a 7070. But since I am doing a slabbed set and since NGC ONLY takes NGC and PCGS coins I only had 24 coins ( I don't have Barber quarters, half dollars, large cents, SLQ and a few others slabbed, but I do have them in RAW). I picked up about 9 low cost at the LCS (all 9 cost combined under $200) around Christmas. That leaves me about 14 coins. Of the 14 I picked up 8 from Ebay and 6 from the LCS, these 6 include a few higher cost coins that I didn't have like the seated liberty half dimes/large cent and trime. No eBay coin has been over $100 except for the Shield nickel.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I picked up about 9 low cost at the LCS (all 9 cost combined under $200) around Christmas. That leaves me about 14 coins. Of the 14 I picked up 8 from Ebay and 6 from the LCS, these 6 include a few higher cost coins that I didn't have like the seated liberty half dimes/large cent and trime.

Then maybe you are lucky to have a high quality LCS nearby with apparently a huge inventory.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3393 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey all,

I have a question and a new coin. Because of Grape "bullying" my blistered planchet on my Proof LMC, I picked up another, first the coin.

So question 1, the Coin Explorer has this coin with a registry value of 255 points

https://www.NGCcoin.com/coin-explor...coinid-64570

But I only got 143, does NGC lower the grade for PCGS coins?

And the second, I picked this coin up for all of $5, but the coin price guide has it at $65? I assume $5 is a good price but $65 value seems WAY too high for a common date LMC, is the NGC price guide accurate or just a made up number?
Page: of 20 Previous TopicReplies: 288 / Views: 7,844Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05