Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hfjacinto's NGC Registry 7070 Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 5,943Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's pick up is an 1858 Small Letters Flying Eagle cent. While I had a Flying Eagle already this one gets me more points. With those coin I am at 129.

Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today's pick up is an 1858 Small Letters Flying Eagle cent. While I had a Flying Eagle already this one gets me more points. With those coin I am at 129.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After 9 days of no updates the coins traveling throughout the US finally made it home. Today you get a 1/2 cent. This is the first 1/2 cent I own.

The stuff on the back looks green in the picture, but is actually white. I don't think its verdis, anyone know what it is? Almost looks like stuff from an old cleaning.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4721 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice addition hfjacinto.

As far as the white stuff I couldn't say.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
After 9 days of no updates the coins traveling throughout the US finally made it home. Today you get a 1/2 cent. This is the first 1/2 cent I own.
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all

Quote:

As far as the white stuff I couldn't say.

I asked the LCS owner and he thinks its just some type of dirt/dried stuff. Its on the NGC picture, so it was on the coin when it was slabbed, so its not corrosion. Oh well. This one I purchased the slab and not the coin. Its still cool.
Edited by hfjacinto
02/23/2021 4:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well in terms of good news, if I was doing the 7070 Page 5 would be complete !!

I'm at 66% (or 2/3 complete). When I get a few more, I'll do a Dansco like layout and post picture. The emptiest is page 3, I need to pick up a few more quarters before I post the picture.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well in terms of good news, if I was doing the 7070 Page 5 would be complete !!
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's is one my favorites, while the trime is cooler, the 3 cent nickel is up there with just cool coins. Also you get a pretty liberty and the simple III on the back really makes it a nice coin both Obverse and Reverse (and its not a seated liberty)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8394 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  09:04 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice 3CN!
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55716 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example indeed.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the Half Cent, NGC said they will do an appearance review. I shipped it off today. I'll let you know what happens.
Pillar of the Community
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The stuff on the back looks green in the picture, but is actually white. I don't think its verdis, anyone know what it is? Almost looks like stuff from an old cleaning.

I have a lot of Brass eagles that I polish once a year. Every time I go back to re polish them, I see the same white power like stuff in the creases of the feather details from the 'Brasso' brand polishing compound after it dries.

I can usually go back over it with a soft tooth brush and water to clean off the residue. (not that I would recommend that for your coin..)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's new coin... This is a 1878 Trade dollar.

The United States Trade dollar was a dollar coin minted by the United States Mint to compete with other large silver trade coins that were already popular in East Asia. The idea first came about in the 1860s, when the price of silver began to decline due to increased mining efforts in the western United States. A bill providing in part for the issuance of the Trade dollar was eventually put before Congress, where it was approved and later signed into law as the Coinage Act of 1873. The act made Trade dollars legal tender up to five dollars. A number of designs were considered for the Trade dollar, and an obverse and reverse created by William Barber were selected.

The first Trade dollars were struck in 1873, and the majority of the coins were sent to China. Eventually, bullion producers began converting large amounts of silver into Trade dollars, causing the coins to make their way into American commercial channels. This caused frustration among those to whom they were given in payment, as the coins were largely maligned and traded for less than one dollar each. In response to their wide distribution in American commerce, the coins were officially demonetized in 1876, but continued to circulate. Production of business strikes ended in 1878, though the mintage of proof coins officially continued until 1883. The Trade dollar was re-monetized when the Coinage Act of 1965 was signed into law.

With the next 3 coins, I am at 69% complete and at 118.

This coin previously sold in 2013 in a David Lawrence Auction, I paid less than it sold at auction for.

https://www.PCGS.com/cert/28298989
Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 237 / Views: 5,943Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05