Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hfjacinto's NGC Registry 7070 Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 526 / Views: 22,315Next Topic
Page: of 36
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
492 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2022  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's subjective, but I chose the Sally Ride one for my Type Set. You chose the Wong one.

Steve
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Edited by Winesteven
05/04/2022 05:02 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5113 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2022  07:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha!

Steve that was funny!!!!

You are a funny guy. And your aren't Wong.
Edited by hfjacinto
05/04/2022 10:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
764 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2022  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A great purchase, my avations.

Who is Mikey? Who is Charlotte ? Is Mikey a local dealer ? Will you sell 2 out of 3 coins that you won by chance?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5113 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2022  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Who is Mikey?

Mike is the owner of a local coin shop that I frequent

Quote:
Who is Charlotte ?

Charlotte is a city in North Carolina, one of the coins went to my friend Bob. It's a story that was told on my IHC and flying eagles thread. Basically Bob who lives in Charlotte picked a coin for me, instead of paying Bob money, he got 3 silver bullion coins and one of the 3 quarters I purchased.

Quote:
Is Mikey a local dealer ?

Yes Mike is the owner of a local coin shop.

Quote:
Will you sell 2 out of 3 coins that you won by chance?

Well you can say I sold one to my Friend Bob in Charlotte, but I charged him what I paid for. It really was a trade, he was able to buy me a coin at a great cash price and shipped it to me and I shipped him 4 coins from my stash. I'm currently keeping 2 quarters but I may sell one if they get crazy priced.
Edited by hfjacinto
05/04/2022 10:31 pm
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2022  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats ....... to do any set is really a monumental achievement regardless of what you are collecting as some of the coins in any set are difficult to obtain to say the least. Keep up the good work
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Truly wonderful
Pillar of the Community
United States
5113 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1884 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Fantastic Hfjacinto and Congratulations!

I thoroughly enjoyed this post especially your bidding story.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5113 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I started this set I posted the below:

Quote:
8) My eventual goal is to get to the top 100, I would like to be in the top 50, but I'll doubt I'll spend that much.

And I never really tried to compete with the best sets, I just buy what I like at a price I feel comfortable buying. Recently NGC must have cleaned up the registries, because I'm at 58. Which is way better than I ever expected. And while I have nowhere near a nice collection as the top 10. I like my set and am happy with what I have.

And while 58 is impressive to me as there are currently over 780 sets, I'm really surprised that I cracked the top 100 in the full US Type Set which has over 1300 registries. And I'm not even doing that set, it was just a way to add coins that I had purchased and had no sets.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
838 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice add, hfjacinto! I just today received two eBay purchases - a clad Maya Angelou quarter and silver Wilma Mankiller quarter - to bring my type set up to date.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5113 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted this coin on the IHC thread, but this one also gets added to the 7070.

Its my first proof Indian Head cent.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2142 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super coin!
Page: of 36 Previous TopicReplies: 526 / Views: 22,315Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: