Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Videos - Roman Coin Hoards Being Unearthed

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,479Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4605 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  6:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
0jhNkFKWfrY

KgXDZvkaGdw

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
12/22/2020 1:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6276 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was neat. What a productive site - those coins kept coming. For my part, I was just as stoked by the pottery fragments as by the coins.

I think there's always some lamenting for us Americans when we view MD finds posted by UK and other European forum members, or when viewing vids like this. Still, very nice to enjoy the process vicariously.

Thanks, L.C.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10280 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found these videos amazing. Made me wonder just what happened on that location that put those coins in the ground so many centuries ago. Did someone hide them? Was the jar they were in get plowed over many years ago. Facinating. Just think what else may be in the ground on that area of land in the videos.

I only have 15 ancient coins in my collections. None are rare or very valuable but I enjoy them for what they are.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
4605 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Another worth the time to watch (excellent closeups of the coins found) -

0kNj32FH4FI

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
4605 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2020  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Yet one more, again with some pretty good shots of the coins (plus other objects) found -

ZUYf6FfWFSI

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
6276 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2020  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple nice fibulae in that group.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4605 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's one thing to uncover a bunch of bronzes, but here's a case of a singular find that tops any such.

tJAqq54ykJ0

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
4605 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

eAR40wyhYXk

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
6276 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was fun. Two pots of coins in one dig. Wow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
967 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add travelcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing find - two pots of silver no less. Would love to have seen them cleaned up and a final count. Saw this episode of Expedition Unknown for Queen Boudicca's hoard.
7KOQFx-gqiE
Edited by travelcoin
01/25/2021 6:53 pm
Italy
4 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reiner Braun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You would think that italians are the luckiest one, but we envy those other countries where you can go witha metal detector looking for coins or ancient stuff, because whatever we find (and even searching for something of an archaeological value, in some cases, is illegal) belongs to the state, and you have to give it to an authority, and you could even be in some trouble. So I'm so envious, I would love to go and search with a MD, I hope they will change this outdated law (it was introduced back in the early 1900).
And even collectors who buy ancient coins, or other antiques, from legal sources may be charged or tried and see their collection confiscated, and to get it back, after proving you own it legally, you are likely to have to pay a deposit.
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ytee64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really cool videos! I'm so glad Josh Gates found something after all of the shows I watched. A friend of mine gave me a coin that he got in change at a corner store, it was supposed to be a dime. It looked just like this one...this coin is now on sale for $5K...ten years ago I got $170 for mine. I doubt that 5K price tag...but it was cool owning a coin from B.C.E., just the feeling of having something struck 2200 years ago in my hand was hard to explain...coins are special...

Ytee64
Pillar of the Community
United States
4605 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

-ATv1cYoYRs

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
4605 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

JM2whllmzhk

jAIjGnFIe80

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
4605 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

tPFaxWRYjB0

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
6276 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta love that small, socketed spearhead. Almost perfect condition. Wow.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,479Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: