Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1953 D LWC DDO-1, 1 Do-1

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 127Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
189 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  9:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Happy to have found this doubled die since I wasn't finding any RPMs.

I believe this is a class 5 [pivoted hub], but CC has it listed as a class 3 [design hub]. The doubling simply shows up below LIBERTY as extensions of the letters.

http://www.varietyvista.com/01a%20L...3DDDO001.htm
http://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...ie_state=mds
Very tough to get a decent pic of the doubling. Thanks for looking.

Edited by CentSation
01/10/2021 10:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2967 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are fairly strong and easy to see with a loupe, but tricky to photograph. Well done all around!
Valued Member
United States
189 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks - Yes so right, very easy to see and quite difficult to catch in a pic.

LOL, now I am going to have to pull out my big lot of 53Ds and look for more of this variety [that's just what I do, the parable of the frog and scorpion comes to mind]. Then I'll have to look for the 1953P DDO-2 [its partner class 5 DDO] since I don't think I ever looked for these varieties when I originally searched them..
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53804 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even these old eyes see it!
Edited by Coinfrog
01/10/2021 10:44 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 127Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05