Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 P Lincoln Cent OBW Box?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 6 / Views: 140Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2225 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  7:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

pick this up at the bank today.

all coins look fresh.

QUESTION.. does the fed use brown paper wrappers to roll the coins?

thanks for viewing and/or replying.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37088 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not fed wrapped, armor car company or bank. I have some boxes wrapped in white loomis paper.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2205 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think these wrappers were BRINKS.
Will you you search or sell
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14570 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tube them all with Nickel tubes still wrapped in their paper , if they are tight enough only their edges will turn brown . Obverse and Reverse should retain their original mint luster ; Then salt them away for your next generations to inherit them . Keep in mind the environment which they will be stored in for all those years .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2102 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky you! I would go back to that bank and see if they have more boxes.................
Pillar of the Community
United States
2225 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the comments all

i was planning on searching them but I dont know now.

as for going back to the same bank, I only like to go to the same bank once every 2 or 3 months... that way they dont see my ugly mug... but nowadays wearing a mask helps.

forgot to mention, I did not write that on the box.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2102 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
as for going back to the same bank, I only like to go to the same bank once every 2 or 3 months...

I like to visit my banks frequently (like once a week when I'm in "heavy hunting mode") - it helps develop a rapport, and sometimes you'll get tellers who will save things for you once they get to know you.

That said, COVID has messed that up a lot for me, as several banks have scrambled their staffs and moved them or are just having them work fewer hours.
  Replies: 6 / Views: 140Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05