Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 - The Quest For A 1966 Wavy.

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 95 / Views: 6,283Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3336 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Whoever designed that needed to be slapped!

And whoever approved it. :)

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
952 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Whoever designed that needed to be slapped!

And whoever approved it. :)

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3336 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
David, how is the search going?

Also there is a package waiting for you in your post box. :)

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beginning 4 May 2016, I was on the same quest, although to keep my sanity I thought of it more as noodling 20 cent coins to see what interesting coins I could find rather than concentrating solely on finding that mythical wavy.

To cut a long story short I noodled 55,880 20c coins of which 878 where 1966 coins before finally finding the elusive wavy on 5 October 2018.

The harsh reality is the longer you go without finding one the less likely you are of ever doing so because every year tens of millions more non-wavy coins are released into circulation, while the limited amount of wavys out there is decreased by those lucky and dedicated enough to find one.

But you'll NEVER find one if you don't keep looking, so chin up and good luck on your quest.
Edited by MachinMachinMan
09/20/2021 10:17 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
952 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MachinMachinMan - Thanks for the encouragement. Money is really tight until the end of the year so I don't like my chances of noodling the little blighter in 2021. 2022 should see a lot more noodling activity.

Ta

David
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 95 / Views: 6,283Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: