Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Policy On Third-Party Grading Company

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 269Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1699 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  11:55 am Show Profile   Check Petersun's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This morning one of my eBay listings was removed because it did not conform with its list of "approved" third-party graders. The item in question was a banknote certified by BCS, which I take to be the only reputable Canadian banknote grading company. Has anyone had the same issue, and what are things I can possible do to overcome this issue?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3751 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same thing happened to us .
Just another stupid and myopic Ebay policy !
We just put them on Etsy and already
SOLD one!
Learn More...
United States
31689 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only PCGS, PMG, and Legacy are approved third party graders for currency.

You can still sell them if you don't show the numeric grade.
It's 2021, RENEW your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3751 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Defeats the purpose . US grading companies are way more Liberal
than the Conservative grading of BCS .
The US companies ( very similar results to Coins ) simply cannot
or will not grade Canadian notes to Canadian Standards , which
are tougher and way more realistic .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1699 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Petersun's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally don't use PCGS for Canadian banknotes. I also wouldn't buy Canadian banknotes solely based on a PCGS graded either -- I usually subtract a few points from the grade to account for the different scales. The Canadian scale caps at UNC68 for banknotes.
Pacificoin, have you had similar experiences with selling ICCS-graded items? Seems like ICCS also isn't on the list...
I guess I could try to sell the item as a raw banknote if all other options fail.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3751 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  12:05 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can sell ICCS coins on EBay.Ca if you list them in
CAD not USD .
Another crazy EBay rule !
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 269Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05