Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seeking Specific Original Issues Of Numismatic News/Coin World

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 142Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4732 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  12:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I want to find a couple original issues of Numismatic News/coin world for some of the discoveries of the big Lincoln Cent doubled dies. For example, the 1972 Doubled Die Obverse, 1984 Doubled Die Obverse, 1969-S Doubled Die Obverse, 1995 DDO, etc. Fred Weinberg has a nice issue of the 1972 up on eBay set to sell in 6 days but I would like some direction for where I can find some others. I've hunted through eBay but haven't found anything else. Any pointers? Thanks!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Edited by CoinHunter27
01/19/2021 1:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
987 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have issues back into the mid-1990's. Boxes of them. It may take me a while, but if I find anything I'll send them to you free of charge.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3495 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The best I can suggest is to try the big used book stores on-line and set an alert on ebay.

I've been trying to track down the 10(?) issues where they published the US Mint daily data from the 1850s and have found about six of them over the months.

-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 142Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05