Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Your Hobbies Besides Collecting Coins

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 1,213Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
4153 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently got back into AM radio. I'm currently building a dipole antenna to hoist 30 feet into the air. Just bought a new radio and power supply for a few hundred bucks. Heard there's a resurgence in traffic. I have a few hot wheels too, my oldest is a redline '69 Charger. I have dug dozens of hot wheels and Tootsie Toys over the years, via my other hobby metal detecting. I was into collecting rare hot rods but have been selling as they're not only hard to maintain, but money pits.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I recently got back into AM radio. I'm currently building a dipole antenna to hoist 30 feet into the air.
Excellent!

I miss the setup my grandfather had back through the 1980s. One of the things I really enjoyed before the world wide web. I wish I had maintained interest in it before he sold most of his equipment. Only thing I have left is a scanner I turn on from time to time.
Learn More...
Canada
9592 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect rocks for a living, so that doesn't count!

Single malt whisky is more of a passion, than a hobby...

So, I suppose motorcycles would be my other hobby. I have a Yamaha FZ1 for the street, and a Suzuki RMX-450z for my dirt bike. I dirt bike with my teenage son, he rides a Yamaha 230TTR... So my garage is full of bike stuff; a fun hobby to share with my boy.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2428 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stamps obviously

Heaps of them and pretty much my major hobby (In fact probably more than coins at time).

Prince music and collectibles, books guitars etc.

Some of the vinyls

Some of my books (Very old shot, this shelf is crowded now and was taken before his death)

The last concert I saw in NZ, less than 2 months before he passed away.

I also collect lego Creator buildings

Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
Canada
9592 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yokozuna, that is an amazing photograph!
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
925 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Collects82's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Collects82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to see another Lego builder here! My thing recently are the little Speed Champions. My old big Ferrari sets are around too.
My hoard of '82s is up to 204! 218 BC x 1, 118 BC x 3, 18 BC x 1, 82 x 1, 182 x 1, 282 x 2, 382 x 1, 582 x 2, 682 x 1, 782 x 2, 882 x 1, 982 x 4, 1082 x 1 1182 x 8, 1282 x 2, 1382 x 1, 1482 x 5, 1582 x 13, 1682 x 15, 1782 x 57, 1882 x 49, 1982 x 33
Pillar of the Community
United States
1765 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lately, my hobby has been rebuilding my old Challenger. Bought it in 1979 as a 16 Y.O. Drove it for 12 years, parked it for 20 years when I bought my first new car. Now, it's on its way back the street soon (I hope.)

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2428 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collects82 - My latest was the Haunted Mansion ride - I love that thing!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Check Akkdayam's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Akkdayam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collecting... anything really
When you buy on eBay make sure you don't get it then realize you bought the wrong thing 3 minutes later - me

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 1,213Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05