Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Trying To Collect $1 Coins From Around The World

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 794Next Topic
Page: of 2
Brazil
13 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lhlimaverde to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update:I just received a gift from a Facebook friend, island of Malta.
Now I have one more country! Yay!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
596 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Great idea and nice layout.

Had to have a chuckle when I saw the Ringit coin! They are very similar in size to our Aussie dollar. A few months ago I dropped two on the grounds at school to see how long they would last. Within a few hours they were picked up. The other day there was a free dress day for a gold coin donation. I was able to go through the donated coins and there were the two Ringits that had been passed off as dollars! Those sly students!
Brazil
13 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lhlimaverde to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Had to have a chuckle when I saw the Ringit coin! They are very similar in size to our Aussie dollar. A few months ago I dropped two on the grounds at school to see how long they would last. Within a few hours they were picked up. The other day there was a free dress day for a gold coin donation. I was able to go through the donated coins and there were the two Ringits that had been passed off as dollars! Those sly students!

I loved your small history David, I laughed here... Fun!
But I would never guess about Ringgit and Aussie Dollar coins similarity lol...
Brazil
13 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lhlimaverde to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collection Update:
Thanks to a Kiwi friend, I got the Cook, Tonga, and Samoa coins, with some NZ and Aussie dollars to replace my old ones :D

Learn More...
United States
97870 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks to a Kiwi friend, I got the Cook, Tonga, and Samoa coins, with some NZ and Aussie dollars to replace my old ones :D
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2430 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Moneytane on Numista?

Yeah I know him, he likes Halfcrowns and NZ coins?
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Brazil
13 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2021  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lhlimaverde to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Moneytane on Numista?

Yeah I know him, he likes Halfcrowns and NZ coins?

Yeah @PrinceTane, if you know MoneyTane from Numista, send him a hug for me... I'm really glad and thankful for what he done :D
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3321 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  02:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! I like the black holders. Pretty neat.

I'm a bit puzzled over the theme 1 dollar. From a quick glance, both Japan and Korea feature the lowest denomination coin - 1 yen and 1 won... why? That's like the equivlent of US 1 cent and 0.1 cent respectively (probably a bit less)
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Brazil
13 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lhlimaverde to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice! I like the black holders. Pretty neat.

I'm a bit puzzled over the theme 1 dollar. From a quick glance, both Japan and Korea feature the lowest denomination coin - 1 yen and 1 won... why? That's like the equivlent of US 1 cent and 0.1 cent respectively (probably a bit less)

Thanks for your question. Well, the parameter is, in reality, the face value of the coin, so I collect the equivalent of 1, in all denomination units.. Like 1 iene, 1 won, 1 dollar, 1 piso, 1 euro.. So, what counts is the 1,00 (entire denomination).. I don't know if I made it more clear.. xD
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 794Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05