Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Earning Money On Coins

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 1,246Next Topic
Page: of 3
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snobro110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, there are a couple of routes to go with the central idea being about coins.

1. Create a website about coins & get ads running

2. Sell coins that you have fairly on sites like eBay, or create your own

3. Become a scumbag of the internet and sell 40-50 wheat cents in a roll with a few older dates thrown in there and wow, look! A 1907-P IHC! And sell the roll for $20 with fake reviews

4. Do the opposite of 3
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snobro110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
*1940's to 1950's wheat cents, sorry!
Valued Member
Russian Federation
192 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2021  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for your advice. I did as you suggested. I combined the coins of the USSR into sets for greater audience coverage, unfortunately, I can't do this with postage stamps now.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
192 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put up several lots of coins of the USSR (collections of 4 coins in one lot), but they do not have any views at all. Did I do something wrong ?
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  02:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TinyRetreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My experience is that one can make the most on coins by buying full collections. Keep what you love, sell the rest ... rinse and repeat. It is a lot of work to sell high numbers of coins in all formats.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
192 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  05:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was advised to sell coin collections. But I do not have all the denominations, and to sell one at a time I cut off a large part of potential buyers.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4390 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@slerk, I just took a look at your eBay listings, and agree with the other positive comments posted by others.
One suggestion: I think some "theme" collectors might search on things like names of birds, boats etc. So if these were my listings, I would put "Outrigger Canoe" in the title for French Polynesia, "Cocoa Beans" in the title for the Ghana coin, "Lion Coin" for Georgia, and the type of bird on the COlombia coin in the title (or just "bird coin").

I also sell some modern world coins, and I think yours are priced fairly. My experience is that even at "rock bottom" price (like $1 plus change), they sit for a long time,and sometime collect a lot of views before they sell. Or, they never sell. Any coin with a slight blemish (spots, nicks) may be a problem with common modern coins.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
192 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It happens that some positions are sold very quickly. The other day I sold 1 rupee to Mauritius 1990 2 days after I put it on eBay. I try to make low prices and only develop in this direction. So I'm happy for any advice.

Postcards are sold very slowly. What are the ways to increase sales (they must be free) ?
Lithuania
36 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ezhik_Lt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Slerk
Currently I see some lots of 4 pieces random Soviet coins selling. By combining the coins I meant making a collection of like 1 kopeck to 1 rouble type sets. I don't think that four coins out of nine would sell as a set. Even combining like 1-5 kopecks or 10-50 would be a better idea.
I read your latest comments and got that I was totally wrong :) I thought you got a bucket of Russian or Soviet coinage you would like to sell but looks like you got only several coins with different denominations?

Lithuania
36 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ezhik_Lt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be more precise - here are some examples of "sets" I got from "pocket change" or purchasing obsolete coins in a bulk at a flea market.
Please don't treat it as advertising, I picked up lots which are out of stock:
Estonia type set 5 centi to one kroon : https://www.ebay.com/itm/333792521660
Russia type set - https://www.ebay.com/itm/333811099085
Poland set - https://www.ebay.com/itm/333780020609
Valued Member
Russian Federation
192 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You got that right. I don't have all types of coins, but only some of them. I put together the sets that you saw on eBay based on the copies I have. I will not be able to collect such sets as in the examples that you gave above. I think we need to come up with another sales tactic.
I also wanted to ask what topics are most in demand on the world market? What coins are worth putting up on eBay for a good profit and a quick sale.
P. S. I got sucked in this whole process. I did not expect such emotions and such interest in myself.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 1,246Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05