Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Hate The Wait Of The Post Offfice Just For My New Lens

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 982Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
96230 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, it's actually working out for me pretty good now. My relationship with the USPS is as limited as I can make it.
Sounds good. That is your choice. My choice is to maintain a great relationship with them. Free choice, as American as apple pie, no?

Quote:
The USPS is "not" efficient. It's hemorrhaging money! How much of "your" tax dollars has it lost?....
Probably no worse than the inefficiency of minting billions of worthless cents every year.
Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My choice is to maintain a great relationship with them.

Nothing wrong with that I guess. I don't know why, but I actually give my carrier a 20 buck gift certificate each year for Christmas.

Quote:
Free choice, as American as apple pie, no?

I suppose.

Quote:
Probably no worse than the inefficiency of minting billions of worthless cents every year.

I can't believe you just said that?!?

Did you say "worthless cents" on a coin fourm?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3325 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have shipped and received thousands of packages with the USPS over the years, and have only been dissatisfied twice. First time was when they lost an expensive shipment. Tracking didn't help, it was just gone. That was perhaps 5 years ago. Second, which was only about a month ago, the branch had a long line with a few folks coughing, and I chose to drop the package into the secure drop box rather than wait in line for a receipt. It was on a Saturday just before pickup. By Monday PM the package still did not show up on tracking, so I planned to call them Tue AM. On Tue AM I got an email from the recipient that it had just arrived, and he was stunned with the quick shipment. Tracking showed "label created" and "delivered" with no other info between. Very weird, but at least they did not lose it. Other than these two experiences, all has gone well (enough) that I have no complaints about the USPS. I have plenty of complaints about UPS, FedEx, and DHL (not international, that has been flawless), and make every effort to send USPS unless absolutely forced to do one of the others.
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Learn More...
United States
96230 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did you say "worthless cents" on a coin fourm?
Yes. I. Did.

A cent that costs two cents to make is actually less than worthless and completely unnecessary!

Death to Zincoln! Replace with an NIFC BRONZE Lincoln!

Quote:
I have shipped and received thousands of packages with the USPS over the years, and have only been dissatisfied twice... I have plenty of complaints about UPS, FedEx, and DHL (not international, that has been flawless), and make every effort to send USPS unless absolutely forced to do one of the others.

Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A cent that costs Two Cents to make is actually less than worthless and completely unnecessary!

Not if it's an MS-70!

Come on man, give it up. You're not going to win this battle.
Learn More...
United States
96230 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never surrender. Never give up.

When is the last time you pulled an MS-70 Zincoln from the wild? Probably never. Mint sets are a more likely source of high grade cents, so just make them for collectors and since they are just for collectors, no reason to not use the original bronze composition.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
539 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
still stuck in NJ errrrr.
Learn More...
United States
96230 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
539 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeapo jbuck been taking alot of pics with my 50mm need the new lens lol
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 982Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05