Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 1,897Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1677 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh. I misunderstood. I was thinking that he meant that you should set a reminder on your phone. When it comes to high demand items, the only thing that the "Remind Me" button does is remind me that I just missed out.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh. I misunderstood. I was thinking that he meant that you should set a reminder on your phone.
Gotcha!

Yeah, once I get a firm date, I add it to my calendar so I am notified on laptop and phone. One cannot have too many reminders.

Quote:
When it comes to high demand items, the only thing that the "Remind Me" button does is remind me that I just missed out.
More often than not, this seems to be the case.
Pillar of the Community
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Yeah, once I get a firm date, I add it to my calendar so I am notified on laptop and phone. One cannot have too many reminders.

Yup! same here.. and when at work, I clear my schedule for 10 minutes before and 30 min after for the 'event'
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 0 trust in those remind me buttons. As people have said, set your computer/phone alarms. To be fair, since I'm on the mailing list, I usually get a blast email from them a day or 2 before release which reminds me to set my calendar on my phone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I usually get a blast email from them a day or 2 before release which reminds me to set my calendar on my phone.

you get a reminder to set a reminder...
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm like Dearborn! I set a calendar entry the day the item I want is for sale. I usually do 11:50 to 1:00 , so if I'm at work I won't get a meeting at the time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just checked the poll, majority are in the 75k to 100k range. If that's the total, this will be a 45-60 minutes sell out :(
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10895 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be ready. One of the benefits of working from home is being able to attend to things like this without having to excuse yourself from a conference room.

And @hfj, I would normally agree based on the 75k-100k estimate, but I feel that this 2-coin set is going to be highly sought after... and I'm guessing the web site is the usual total disaster and we have a 20-30 minute sellout.
Edited by CelticKnot
03/02/2021 12:05 am
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll be ready. One of the benefits of working from home is being able to attend to things like this without having to excuse yourself from a conference room.

Although for me it was just as easy before, just put something weird on the shared calendar that showed me not available during that time.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 1,897Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05