Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 570 / Views: 21,453Next Topic
Page: of 38
Pillar of the Community
United States
4015 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder what kind of operation the Mint employs for a release of this magnitude. Since it was a HHL of 1 I wonder if they pre-package all 125K units and just start slapping shipping labels once orders are confirmed? Judging by the way I've received some of their packages I assume it's just go, go go and little to no attention to QC.

The mint only produces the coins. There is a servicer that ships out everything from Memphis. So these are made put into a truck/armored car. Sent to the distributer in Memphis and they package and ship everything out.

Remember like everything the government does they have to use the lowest cost provider and with something likes coin/currency/precious metals there are probably a lot of restrictions on the distributor. So once they get the coins they put them in the OGP and throw them in the package. As you have an HH of 1, they probably have all of these already packaged.

First they get the next day>Expedited>Standard and then all of us cheapskates with Budget and we are First come first serve, so that means the ones that got the coins at 12:01 get shipped out before the ones at 2:30. And think that many of the dealers ordered overnight so you'll probably see slabbed coins by Thursday from the large dealers.
Edited by hfjacinto
09/14/2021 8:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6376 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These were the first coins I was unable to get due to mint web sight issues. Disappointed
Pillar of the Community
United States
3071 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2021  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These were the first coins I was unable to get due to mint web sight issues.

I was thinking the same thing at 20 minutes in to this sale. I started telling myself that I didn't want it anyway, then I got lucky and made it through.
Pillar of the Community
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These were the first coins I was unable to get due to mint web sight issues. Disappointed

At about an hour into it the site functioned almost as normal and one was able to buy the set without any issues. I didn't keep track of exact time but believe it took about 2 1/2 hours to become unavailable.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4015 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

It was tough at the beginning but really easy after an hour. My brother tried at 1:05 and was done at 1:06.

You gave up too soon.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These were the first coins I was unable to get due to mint web site issues. Disappointed

I almost gave up on this too. After hundreds of errors, and about 20 attempts to finalize order, I got my order to go through at 12:45. The order acknowledgment email arrived without getting the acknowledgment screen on the mint website, and the confirmation email came in at 5:05.

It took several tries to get the 2021-S Proof Eagles, but nothing like I experienced on Monday. I was surprised they lasted so long. Happy to have sets for both of my kids.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2960 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PERCIO, I wish you All the Best.......... The Knowledge here will help Anyone !!!!! Enjoy
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kiteray to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't understand how all of us struggled to hopefully but a single set while there is a single person on eBay who has plenty of Designer Sets for sale at $1000 and up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4015 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't understand how all of us struggled to hopefully but a single set while there is a single person on eBay who has plenty of Designer Sets for sale at $1000 and up.

Its easy, you have a few of your friends all create accounts, all of you for an hour or two try to buy a coin from their account, their mother's account, they have a PO box with a slightly different name. You do this with 5-6 people and you can get 20-25 sets. You have it sent overnight, so you got it yesterday. You had the TPG ready for these, so you have them tomorrow, or you are in the TPG area and drop it off. Its not hard to get more than 1, all it takes is coordination. Every person probably made $50 for an hour of work and the dealer will make a few hundred selling them. After 1PM it was really easy to get a set, they were available until 2:30, at that time a dealer probably called up more people to buy the coins.

I also don't know if you can call it a struggle, took me 20 minutes and my brother 1 minute. A few had it at 12:05. Was it easy, nope, it never is. I actually like the challenge. If it was easy that means it has no upside. Hard = worth more than initial price.
Edited by hfjacinto
09/15/2021 09:54 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are 3 listings on Ebay that actually have a photo of the box (now I dont know if they are the actual coins or a picture of a box from the mint.)

I expected to go faster like less than 30 min, as the Proof ASE Type 2s didnt last very long even with 200k-300k, but after 1pm it seems like it moved slowly in sales. So I am not sure what exactly happened. Either the hype wasnt what it was, or everyone that tried to get it within the first hour, gave up expecting it to be sold out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4015 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone get a shipping confirmation yet?
Pillar of the Community
United States
654 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not got any shipping confirmation on any of my 3 sets.
Pillar of the Community
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I expected to go faster like less than 30 min, as the Proof ASE Type 2s didnt last very long even with 200k-300k, but after 1pm it seems like it moved slowly in sales. So I am not sure what exactly happened. Either the hype wasnt what it was, or everyone that tried to get it within the first hour, gave up expecting it to be sold out.

Well it definitely would have had it not been for the site issues and bottleneck we all created in trying to get ours first. I'm sure many did give up but then sales started slowly increasing as the site issues dissipated. 125k individual transactions is a lot as was the $175 price tag so that may have deterred some from getting it as well.
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder what kind of operation the Mint employs for a release of this magnitude. Since it was a HHL of 1 I wonder if they pre-package all 125K units and just start slapping shipping labels once orders are confirmed?

Nope, there's always that unique label inside in case you want to return. I was thinking about the same thing, a massive stack of 125,000 boxes, and the logistics of getting all that labeled and transported to the various shipping companies. It's a lot.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2021  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone get a shipping confirmation yet?

I haven't gotten mine yet.
Page: of 38 Previous TopicReplies: 570 / Views: 21,453Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05