Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 980 / Views: 38,348Next Topic
Page: of 66
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If this set is $199 we'll know they are gouging since the last 2 coin silver set was $150, for the Mayflower.
Pillar of the Community
United States
963 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
this set is $199 we'll know they are gouging since the last 2 coin silver set was $150, for the Mayflower.

Hasn't there been a couple price increases since then? That's why I estimated $199. Believe me I hope I'm wrong.
Learn More...
United States
106425 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I originally thought this set would consist of one each, type I and type II ASE, however, I now believe they'll both be type II with one S and one W mint marks.

Quote:
If this set is $199 we'll know they are gouging since the last 2 coin silver set was $150, for the Mayflower.

I was looking forward to a two coin set. I guess I will be buying two individual ASE then.
Valued Member
108 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 829729742 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it is 10000
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really hope this includes the type 1 and type 2 ASE. That would be an amazing way to end the old design and introduce the new one. We can only hope it is that. But we should find out more later on.
Learn More...
United States
106425 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I really hope this includes the type 1 and type 2 ASE.

Quote:
But we should find out more later on.
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse proof set is scheduled for sale in three weeks, yet they have not stated a price or purchase limit. They do not have a product description or pictures. Do you think they may move the sale to a later date?
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do think it's odd that they have not released any information on this set other than finish and mint marks.
As stated above, don't know how limits, mintage or type 1 or type 2.
I hope they don't push it later. I can't keep taking days off to get these sets
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19255 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The U.S. Mint will try to make as much profit as they can out of this issue, which is obviously going to be in high demand.
What Morgan or Peace purist would not desire to have a PF-70? - and be prepared to pay reasonably high premium for them?

For this reason, lots of people are going to pay a lot for what I think is also going top be huge mintage.

The finished mintage of a proof pair could well run out to well over 1 million pair sets.

More Morgan and Peace collectors will be happy.
An so too will be the U.S. Mint.
I think that 10 million pair sets total mintage could be possible.
Valued Member
United States
429 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's an American Eagle set, not sure why it would make Morgan/Peace fans happy. No chance they're making a million sets with their earlier comments about difficulty getting silver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4144 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What Morgan or Peace purist would not desire to have a PF-70? - and be prepared to pay reasonably high premium for them?

For this reason, lots of people are going to pay a lot for what I think is also going top be huge mintage.

The finished mintage of a proof pair could well run out to well over 1 million pair sets.

More Morgan and Peace collectors will be happy.

This topic is all about the 2-coin set of Reverse proof American Silver Eagles, not the Morgan/Peace sale coming up.
Learn More...
United States
106425 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do think it's odd that they have not released any information on this set other than finish and mint marks.

All I have to say is that it better be a "two-type" set and not "two mints of same type" set.
Valued Member
United States
460 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All I have to say is that it better be a "two-type" set and not "two mints of same type" set.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11369 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I know is the US Mint is getting a lot of my money on ASEs this year. Next year better be back to a 3- or 4-ASE year! I'm definitely a buyer for one, and possibly two of these if I can get a 2nd.
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a buyer on this set. At least I will try.
Page: of 66 Previous TopicReplies: 980 / Views: 38,348Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: