Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 600 / Views: 22,217Next Topic
Page: of 40
Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got an email from the mint for the two coin gold set being released today and noticed that it uses both types. To be honest, I am not sure how long that has been known to the rest of you, since I have no interest (or budget) for gold.

What I am trying to say is that gold set sets a precedent. The silver two coin set should be doing the same, using both the old and new reverse types.
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What I am trying to say is that gold set sets a precedent. The silver two coin set should be doing the same, using both the old and new reverse types.

If that's the case (hopefully). I'm in and will try to get a set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, this is right around the corner, slated for Aug 20th, still no mintage posted, still no price posted for it. My thought is the mint is holding out on the info until the last of the Morgan/Peace dollars are sold, and I think they are doing that so people won't shift to the two coin set instead of buying up the Morgan dollars and Peace dollars. and what I really mean is te speculators, flippers and dealers that won't wont to tie up another $500 on the morgan and peace, knowing a lower mintage silver eagle set is just 10 days later. Maybe dealers won't care, but it would affect their order limits, so maybe the mint is holding out until all those are sold before releasing the info. It would be smart to do that.

I'm still dying to know the sale price and mintage though. if the price is good, or the mintage low enough, it could kill the secondary market for the morgan and Peace dollars, especially considering, this 2 coin RP set isn't a "presale" item, so most will be in hands before the first morgans get there in oct/nov. Hmmmmm. could this be like the 2019S ERP Silver eagle that basically killed the chances of the Pride of two nations set earlier in the years secondary market price?

One thing is for sure, I don't find info on this set except for mentions of it coming anywhere, so the mint is staying very tight lipped on it for some reason, I do think it's pretty safe to assume it will have a type 1 and a type 2 in it like the gold set. Maybe not but sure looks that way, however, the gold set is both the same mintmark, this silver set is two different mintmarks, it could be both type 2s, but won't be both type 1s.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
08/05/2021 11:08 am
Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... My thought is the mint is holding out on the info until the last of the Morgan/Peace dollars are sold, and I think they are doing that so people won't shift to the two coin set instead of buying up the Morgan dollars and Peace dollars...
That tracks. And I hope that means it will be (relatively) easier to get this set when it is released.

Quote:
Hmmmmm. could this be like the 2019S ERP Silver eagle that basically killed the chances of the Pride of two nations set earlier in the years secondary market price?
Yeah.

Good thing when I got that set I was more concerned at having it than (re)selling it for profit.

Indulge me while I go off topic for a second to express the joy I have in owning both the 2019 Pride of Two Nations set and the 2020 Mayflower 400th set. They make a lovely looking pair of sets.

But I digress...

Quote:
this silver set is two different mintmarks, it could be both type 2s, but won't be both type 1s.
I hope using two different mints is just for logistics; allowing two mints to split the load. But if it ends up being two type 2s (or even type 1s), I am out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3076 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So, this is right around the corner, slated for Aug 20th

The 2-coin Reverse ASE's are being released on the 24th not the 20th...
Pillar of the Community
United States
4024 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And still no updates on the mint website ..
Edited by hfjacinto
08/05/2021 12:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't get the Mayflower set, but I absolutely love my Po2N set, the Maple leaf in there is stunning. I don't regret the purchase, EXCEPT I could have bought 2 more 2019S ERPs with that money instead. I still enjoy the set and love it in my collection. Hind sight is 2020 I suppose.

The mint can't do two Type 1s that option is off the table, they only had the W type 1 left to play with for this year.
They claimed "the last" on the other mintmarks at the end of 2020.

I think it's likely to be a Type 1 W RP and a type 2 S RP though, it's the only real reason a two coin set makes sense.

But the possibility exists they could do both as Type 2, S and W, reverse proofs, which would be disappointing.
I've been holding out for this since it appeared on the calendar. I hope it doesn't let me down.
It's the only item I might possibly buy from the mint this year but ideally one of each design in the set would make me really happy.
I can live with 2 type 2 eagles, maybe if they did one as RP and the other as ERP.....
no details so who knows.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"The 2-coin Reverse ASE's are being released on the 24th not the 20th..."

my bad on that, I din't verify and got the date messed up with something else. probably the poof coin from July 20th... opps my bad.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
08/05/2021 12:55 pm
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe the W is the Type 1, In Feb, the only type 1 proof was from West Point. The type 2 proofs are West Point and San Fran.

Then again, trying to understand the mint is
Edited by carlp007
08/05/2021 3:11 pm
Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think it's likely to be a Type 1 W RP and a type 2 S RP though, it's the only real reason a two coin set makes sense.

Quote:
Maybe the W it the Type 1, In Feb, the only type 1 proof was from West Point. The type 2 proofs are West Point and San Fran.
I am good with that. I do not really care which come from which mint. I just want the set to have both types.
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Yep I agree
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  07:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like photos got posted - 125K mintage

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american...uct-schedule
Edited by Eagle4Life
08/10/2021 07:12 am
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I will not be done after the Morgan/Peace sale today.
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$175. Pricy. And the cheap tray.
But I'm still in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4024 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess I will not be done after the Morgan/Peace sale today.

Page: of 40 Replies: 600 / Views: 22,217Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05