Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 980 / Views: 38,238Next Topic
Page: of 66
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The HHL is 1 but they had over 1000 for sale this morning. They were sold out in an hour. I doubt there were 1000 people online that weren't able to buy one before. Being a conspiracy theorist I settle on the rest of us were barred from buying more so a few could grab them up.
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO there's easily over 1,000 collectors who know about Mint proceedures and watch closely every day the Mint site, share through collectors forums like CCF the brief times when coins become available again, especially if they were not able to get them the first time. When the Morgan and Peace start shipping there might be some of those put back for sale. People will be watching for them.
Edited by livingwater
10/14/2021 5:04 pm
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pkluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be afraid of buying these, seems like a decent chance you're going to get someone's returned reject. I know sales fall through for various reasons but the mint is going to resell problem coins if the problem isn't too bad.
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If something's wrong with it you can send it back for refund.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pkluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
True!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4365 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would be afraid of buying these, seems like a decent chance you're going to get someone's returned reject. I know sales fall through for various reasons but the mint is going to resell problem coins if the problem isn't too bad.

You can then buy one from a reseller on eBay that has no clue about coins and probably took it out and touched it with his hands, you won't see that finger print for a few months/years but it will come.

Its a risk either way, but its better to pay a lower price than a higher price.

When the S-ERP was on sale a few days later after it became sold out and I had a chance to get a 2nd one. I didn't give any extra thought.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Edited by hfjacinto
10/14/2021 5:09 pm
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pkluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
True hfjacinto, another reason I don't buy from e-bay. I think there are too many raw coins for sale on e-bay they know won't grade MS-70. IDK
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My usps tracking status went straight from "pending package acceptance" to "out for delivery", so their tracking seems fairly worthless to me, except to know that it is or isn't out for delivery. Except that yesterday the uncirc coin set was "out for delivery", but never came, and is now listed for tomorrow, so even that status isn't helpful apparently!
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
998 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  09:13 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Available again as of 9:10AM ET; HHL of 1 still in place; some 350+ still available.
Are these returns, cancellations...?
Edited by omxfl
11/04/2021 09:19 am
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Available again as of 9:10AM ET; HHL of 1 still in place; some 350+ still available.

Quote:
Are these returns, cancellations...?
Probably a mix. Maybe more of the latter, assuming cancellations include those with irreconcilable payment problems where the buyer never contacted CS to resolve.
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I thought I would try to get another.

"Household limit reached for this product"

Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to get one, same result, household limit reached.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6392 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I was shut out earlier for this set, now due to our communications on this sight I was able to log in to the US mint order and purchase the two coin set easily with no hassle.

Thank you members of coin Community Family for letting me know they were again available from the mint.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well I thought I would try to get another. "Household limit reached for this product"

Quote:
I tried to get one, same result, household limit reached.
It was worth a shot.

Quote:
Well I was shut out earlier for this set, now due to our communications on this sight I was able to log in to the US mint order and purchase the two coin set easily with no hassle.
That is outstanding news! Congratulations!
Page: of 66 Previous TopicReplies: 980 / Views: 38,238Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: