Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1985 P Penny Grading Please Thanks

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 342Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...

United States
944 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  7:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add khasil to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55831 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-64RD.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
944 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add khasil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I compare all to PCGS and it looks better, but thank you.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2178 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5582 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll go in at MS65
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16937 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Typical obverse areas of strike weakness. Hard to read the fields and luster, too washed out. The reverse is very nice and brings the grade up.

66RD
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16937 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See this thread and how the pictures greatly improved with just some lighting changes.

http://goccf.com/t/391894
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16937 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your lighting and white balance are off. This is the color and lighting to shoot for:

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
02/10/2021 10:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3579 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2021  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In lieu of better photos, I'm in with MS65+.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64-RD here. Lots of sharp features but I'm not sure about the bow tie and how clean the field is. Probably my eyes more than the photos, but I like to check those things. I also saw the Variety Vista lists some varieties, but they seem to be obvious to the naked eye and don't see them here -- but I don't have the coin in hand.

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't hurt me but I'm hopeful some day the TPGs give "full steps" designation on the Lincoln Memorial building on reverse. If you look at the reverse on your LMC, the steps are all smushed together. I have several like that I sent in to PCGS. Didn't appear to hurt the grade they gave me. Just saying I enjoy seeing an LMC with steps clearly defined.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16937 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't hurt me but I'm hopeful some day the TPGs give "full steps" designation on the Lincoln Memorial building on reverse. If you look at the reverse on your LMC, the steps are all smushed together. I have several like that I sent in to PCGS. Didn't appear to hurt the grade they gave me. Just saying I enjoy seeing an LMC with steps clearly defined.

I've been saying that for over a decade. In my personal collection, full steps are very important to me. One of the most difficult coins to find with FS is the 2006 Lincoln.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22016 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65RD, doubt it would make 66.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9931 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think the strike will hold it from 66 also. MS65RD
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 342Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05