Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1835 Capped Bust Quarter #1

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 427Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  08:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For sale as a XF Details at $277. Thoughts?
The "Details" probably refers to (old) cleaning and a few hits to the reverse field.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58404 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty attractive to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2492 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at VF35 borderline XF. Old cleaning, may be market acceptable. Looks like the high points might have been thumbed a bit. Nice example.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decided to go ahead. We'll see what this coin looks like in hand.
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd definitely say you made the right choice between the two! Hope there are no surprises when in hand cuz it sure is pretty in the photo
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2492 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1822 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a self proclaimed connoisseur of Capped Bust quarters. I have a full set and many Breen varieties. Probably over 50. I like this coin. The dig on the reverse field deters me more than the "old cleaning". I would be interested at the right price. Very handsome looking coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only thing I don't like about the Capped Bust design is the right wing of the eagle. It just looks like something took a huge bite out of it.
Edited by NumisEd
02/12/2021 8:12 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10200 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i agree with jbone. I dont think the cleaning is an issue. its the reverse dig under "OF" that would most likly pull the designation. also I would not use anything like acetone in this coin as it will highlight any other issues like those marks around 25C and a few hits on the reverse fields.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2054 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that's a details coin, it's pretty nice. From the seller's pics, it looks just a hair short of EF-40. I'd love to see your pics when it is in hand.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10200 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
in my response I forgot to grade this one. I have it at VF35
Pillar of the Community
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got the coin in the mailbox today! I think the seller photos were very accurate, although in hand the coin appears a little bit darker.
My own pics are shown below:

Bedrock of the Community
United States
22024 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks EF-40 to me and would probably straight grade.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 427Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05