Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1925 2 Kroner Denmark Coin Grade And Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 253Next Topic  

Canada
16 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  09:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mrklzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone!

I know they aren't the greatest pictures but I was just hoping for a rough idea anyways!

Could you please help me assign a grade and rough value of this coin? I would really appreciate it!!

Thank you!

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8359 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mrklzy and

I would grade this as Fine by European standards, possibly nearer VF by North American standards. I couldn't comment on a numerical grade! These coins are notoriously hard to grade as there's no portrait and not much in the way of design to show wear. I think my Krause lists it at about $1.50. I've got an identical coin, same date and similar condition, and I picked it up a few months ago from my local dealer's junk tray for 25 pence (around 45c in Canadian money). It's a coin that would probably fetch more in Scandinavia than in the UK or North America.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4577 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Second photo looks ike there might be some kind of reside (tape?) on this side of the coin. This will detract from value. I agree with @NumisRob that this is VF by North American standards.
You can compare to these examples that have sold recently on on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...e=1&_fosrp=1
Edited by tdziemia
02/15/2021 8:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2463 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a base metal coin (Nickel brass) and very common. Value would be under 1 dollar. Condition is goodFine or so and the coin would be worth a bit more if in better condition.

Still an interesting and historic piece nearly 100 years old.

A good way to start a coin collection.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Sweden
1061 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add X2an to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure this piece would catch so much more in Scandinavia, I'd almost wager the opposite - that this could be a very common find in junk lots, particularly exclusively Danish coin lots that are of rather low interest in a region where they're still littering jars and drawers. While this is an impressive piece, its historical context needs to be considered. It was issued just after the seemingly global abolishment or debasement of silver as Denmark had in circulation until these pieces were issued in the 1920's. Because they are base metal, they would have circulated for longer (up until the 1960's) when the last large 2kr piece was issued. Like in neighbouring Sweden (and comparable to US/Canadian 50c pieces), these large coins would have been seen as large, bulky and a relic of the past and tucked away, meaning many circulated pieces are readily available today.

One fun fact about this piece is that while it would be rather difficult to spend, it is legal tender for 2 Danish Kroner. The National Bank keeps any issue of a denomination legal tender until it is demonetised (eg. the 25 ěre pieces in 2008 - in which all previous issues could have been used up until then). This means that despite material and size are woefully incorrect, you could use this piece to pay off your debt of DKK 2, but that would barely buy you a grain of rice in Denmark
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16853 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05