Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Coins In Circulation

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,218Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18383 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
346,000 minted is just about the maximum number of coins that can be struck off a single die pair.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2472 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know they released the $2 coin early, Steve sent me one a couple of weeks ago.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  02:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add notsosqueezy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noodled $80 dollars of 20 cent pieces in Brisbane last week looking for the elusive ~wavy~ and about $75 worth of the coins were 2021. Some rolls 100%.
Seen lots of $2 and 5s and 10c.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
756 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up (from the floor) a 2021 $2 coin in Caringbah (Sydney) last night. Yet to see the other denominations. Both donation dollars that I have were also finds from dropped coins in pubs (the benefits of working security in pubs includes finding lots of dropped money)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
604 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Just a bit more information about the 2021 Great Aussie Coin Hunt, my PO owner said he had to have his order in by the end of January for the coins, I didn't ask what he had ordered, next time.
Not sure if there are any extra orders being taken or if original orders can be added to...

Bugger. My local franchisees have sold the PO and retire in April. They said they didn't order the Alphabet series this year because A) they were leaving the business and B) it wasn't worth the hassle. Apparently they had customers getting narky and rude when they didn't get the coins they wanted and it took too much time changing coins. Not sure if it's too late for the new owners to get them.
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  03:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add notsosqueezy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some more info on the Great Coin Hunt 2021:
THE GREAT AUSSIE COIN HUNT INFORMATION
Well it has been announced that the Great Australian Coin Hunt is back on again for 2021
The new Alphabet Coins (Series 2) are due to be issued by Australia Post in May 2021 this year.
The 2021 set will have different themes to the first set.
Australia Post will again issue the $1 coins in change if you buy something using cash, or you can buy the coins in a card for $3 each or the full set in a tube with a press in album for $49.00 (?)
These will be the themes for the 2021 Series
A - Akubra
B - BBQ
C - Cherry Ripe
D - Dingo
E - Emu
F - Flies
G - Great Barrier Reef
H - Home and Away
I - Ironbark
J - Jolly Swagman
K - Koala
L - Lyrebird
M - Milo
N - Nobbys Nuts
O - Opera House
P - Pavlova
Q - Queen Victoria Market
R - Redback Spider
S - Sydney Harbour Bridge
T - Tim Tam
U - Ulysses Butterfly
V - Victa Lawnmower
W - Witchety Grub
X - Xanthorrhoea
Y - Yabby
Z - Zinc Sunscreen
Yes there will be a special coin similar to last time where around 1 in 5 tubes have the exclusive coin. Last time it was the letter A with the envelope privy. This time it will be the Letter G which is going to be coloured. So there will be 2 different letter G coins to look for.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18383 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I there a a new series of Aussie Coin Hunt, I would be a sucker for that as well, provided I can obtain them at face value, by whatever legal means.
Thus I would expect that I would have completed another incomplete set, just as I did the first time around!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,218Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05