Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1993 Holey Zinc Planchet Batman FYI To Newbies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 170Next Topic  

United States
34 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  3:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got looking at this 1993 because I thought it had a misshaped D mint mark. when I opened up the magnification I thought it was a die chip but I saw the one near the bow tie and on the sholder. Then I turned the coin to the reverse and wow it looked like multible holes everywhere! Zink bubbles all over.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54530 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reminds me of myself when I was 14.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2680 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

It's too bad the the US Mint switched to copper plated zinc cents, or "Zincons" as some call them. Plating bubbles, pits and corroded areas of the coin just falling off are such a disappointment!

I designed a reverse for a NEW cent that would help hide the zinc rot on these, but so far the mint just seems to ignore the letters I send each day.

What do you think of my design?

"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

United States
34 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yummy!
Regards.
Learn More...
United States
18600 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes with this state of degradation, this cent is not long for this world!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spend it before it dissolves.

Quote:
What do you think of my design?

I just placed an order from Dominos for some reason!
Edited by Rothery
02/20/2021 4:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4489 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Reminds me of myself when I was 14.

Funny Coinfrog. Me too.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 170Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05