Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Being Itself Again....

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 197 / Views: 13,011Next Topic
Page: of 14
Learn More...
United States
112197 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
616 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2021  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps the question is off topic, but how do you pack a large number of coins (10-12) to send them by letter to unregistered ones.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17687 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10-12 by letter? Unregistered? I wouldn't. They should either go as a package or if you were to ship by letter I would not try to put so many in one letter. I don't know how good the Russian postal service is but having that many coins in one letter many draw attention to it (potential loss) or cause the letter to be damaged (potential loss) (Unless you are shipping Russian wire money)

If packages have a chance of going missing then I would mail them in letters of 1 to 3 coins each, in flips or envelopes, and inside a folded piece of thin cardboard that fits completely inside an envelope ( Thin piece of cardboard about 12 cm X 27 cm folded to 6 cm X 27 cm. I don't know if they have the equivalent of Safe-T-mailers in Russia but they would be a good idea if you don't have the cardboard. They are sized to fit inside a standard envelope.) tape the flips to the inside of the folded cardboard so they don't move about and either tape or staple the cardboard closed. This keeps the coins from moving around and the cardboard creates a "smooth" surface so the latter handling machinery doesn't hit the enclosed coin and cause the envelope to tear open. It also eliminates the risk of all the coins being lost is a letter goes missing.

Safe-T-mailer the inside is coated with a contact aheasive that only sticks to itself and not the contents.

Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
12/22/2021 12:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
616 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  04:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a result, I picked them in cardboard. First I put the coins in the case, then I watched them to the cardboard and closed them with another piece of cardboard. The delivery cost me about $5. The problem was that I needed to send the coins in the cheapest way. A postal worker sent my shipment not as a parcel, but as sending printed publications (books, magazines, postcards) and this is why the delivery did not cost me too much.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2090 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to admit that during this Holiday Season, USPS seems to operate much more smoothly than last season. All (online) purchases I made arrived either on time or ahead of time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4984 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only had 1 package delayed in transit the last few weeks. I did notice that 3 days is no longer the standard for priority mail. Now it's 4 - 5 days for most items.
Learn More...
United States
112197 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2021  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have to admit that during this Holiday Season, USPS seems to operate much more smoothly than last season. All (online) purchases I made arrived either on time or ahead of time.
That is good to hear!

I have not ordered anything, but it seems like nothing else (e.g. Christmas cards) has been delayed here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1072 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EddieDiz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just received coins on 1/26 that were sent from Hungary on 1/17. That is really fast even pre-pandemic.
Learn More...
United States
112197 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just received coins on 1/26 that were sent from Hungary on 1/17. That is really fast even pre-pandemic.
That is simply amazing!
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
616 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2022  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This does not apply to the US Post office. The fact is that on December 25, 2021, I sent a parcel to Canada. On January 28, the package arrived in Canada, but there are no more updates. I had to return the money. What should I do? Where is my package?
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
616 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2022  03:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please tell us the US Postal Service still accepts/sends parcels from Russia?
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3900 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2022  03:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please tell us the US Postal Service still accepts/sends parcels from Russia?
AFAIK USPS still delivers (or at least promises to deliver) to Russia, though I'm not sure how long that would last.

Regarding delivery from Russia I have no idea. Hadn't tried it for many years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
546 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2022  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing on USPS website saying they won't accept shipments to/from Russia.............yet.

That said, wouldn't be shocked if a package going/from there receives much more scrutiny at customs.
Edited by mrpapageorgio
03/10/2022 1:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
546 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2022  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, as of March 11, USPS stopped service to Russia:

https://www.linns.com/news/postal-u...ce-to-russia
Learn More...
United States
112197 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2022  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well, as of March 11, USPS stopped service to Russia:
Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 197 / Views: 13,011Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: