Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Being Itself Again....

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 78 / Views: 2,292Next Topic
Page: of 6
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  03:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centhound1963 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a timely thread. I recently made three purchases on ebay and was a bit concerned about how long they were taking to arrive. My neighbor rang my doorbell this past Saturday and said it looks like we may have a new mail carrier as all three were delivered to her house. made me mad that I got a confirmation email from the USPS that the deliveries were made
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4534 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the last 8 months I have twice gotten mail mis-delivered to my door that is not even addressed to someone in the same zipcode.
Never seen that before.

Clearly that kind of problem starts way upstream of the carrier.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9458 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The USPS mail system is a monopoly, corrupt & obsolete. We need competitive independent mail carrier companies.
The online Contact the USPS link would not process my online email form yesterday. Just kept showing those rotating dots for 5 or 10 minutes. Half the info boxes would not drop down. Options did not have a catagory that applied.
They got 10 billion in the last stimulus bill and it probably went right into rich bureaucrat pockets. Certainly didn't go to my rural carrier for snow tires.

My package has traveled a whopping 6.7 miles since Feb 19 in the Los Angeles area due to weather conditions.

There are 5.38 miles from Walnut to City of Industry in west direction and 7 miles (11.27 kilometers) by car, following the Valley Boulevard route. Walnut and City of Industry are 11 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Walnut, CA to City of Industry, CA.

The weather chart shows no issues in Feb.

Tracking as of minutes ago.

My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
03/02/2021 10:09 am
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The USPS mail system is a monopoly, corrupt & obsolete. We need competitive independent mail carrier companies.
Email competes with letters, while UPS, FedEx, and Amazon compete for parcels. What else do you want?

I have said this before, USPS has been by far the most reliable for me (versus FedEx and UPS). That being said, I would unhappy if UPS and FedEx were prevented from competing for my business. Do not take away my choice.
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Packages from USPS seem to come a day later than projected these days, but at least get here. I've had issues with UPS and FedEx also, but it seems to me USPS is the only method I hold my breath on when dropping off a package.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2166 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time to join the rant. 2 I'm dealing with currently.

First, my secret Santa gift STILL has not reached its recipient. Was sent to Canada, made it back into Chicago, was then sent back to Canada where it has sat at the same location (not even the destination city) since Feb. 5th. USPS says it could be up to 32 business days to resolve. It was shipped Dec. 14th.

Second, my last NGC sub left Florida, went to New York, then down to Georgia and then back AGAIN to New York where it's has been for the last 3 days...... I'm in Texas!

That being said, my local post office is great to deal with, my carrier is great and reliable, like others have mentioned, it's certainly not a disconnect with carriers, but with somewhere else up the line. Trying to resolve an issue with the 1-800 number is futile.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is terrible, Ty2020b.

I have an item shipped this week. Initial tracking showed it due Tuesday, when label was created). It now shows Monday and has since left the regional facility near the seller. We shall see what Monday brings.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4534 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just dodged having my second problem within a month.

eBay buyer in California wrote politely yesterday morning that their coin (mailed on 2/23 from Ohio) had not yet arrived.
I gave a longwinded explanation about all the USPS woes, and pleaded for patience (that was only 10 days, but probably already double what eBay had promised )

7 hours later I got a response that the coin had just arrived.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My new ebay purchase was mailed on 3/3 for the last 3 days this is the status:

Accepted
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8395 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll raise all of you. I dropped around a dozen packages last Friday. All have been delivered except one, that one that hasn't been delivered isn't even in their system. They say they never got it, and I know they got it because I don't have the coins anymore!
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, in case you want to give praise to USPS, or say things could be worse, never had this issue happen with USPS.

Bought 2 rolls of ASE which were shipped UPS from California. I have a feeling it's going to be more than 1 business day delayed:

I have a feeling this is the derailment in question since it's in California around the same time.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/202...-derailment/

Pillar of the Community
United States
2968 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, looking at the pictures of the derailment, I agree that 1 business day seems optimistic. Hope they packed the ASE's well!

On the other hand, maybe the accident just delayed all train traffic in that area, and your shipment is on a different train...
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the latter is likely or it was on a different car that wasn't damaged since the ones pictured just look like grain cars and tankers.

It's now showing as arrived at a local sorting facility.
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
7 hours later I got a response that the coin had just arrived.
Excellent!

Quote:
My new ebay purchase was mailed on 3/3 for the last 3 days this is the status... Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending

Quote:
I dropped around a dozen packages last Friday. All have been delivered except one, that one that hasn't been delivered isn't even in their system. They say they never got it, and I know they got it because I don't have the coins anymore!

Quote:
Bought 2 rolls of ASE which were shipped UPS from California. I have a feeling it's going to be more than 1 business day delayed:

My purchase from last week is out for delivery... one day early!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woot woot only 5 days from Texas to my home state!!
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 78 / Views: 2,292Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05