Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Being Itself Again....

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 3,714Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3894 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From Feb 1 to March 25 ,
Out of 587 USPS Packages sent all were
Delivered with zero issues , save 1 and it cannot
Be blamed on USPS .
Sent an NGC graded Belgium Coin , tied up in Belgian
Customs for 63 Days!!
Learn More...
United States
99495 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
From Feb 1 to March 25 , Out of 587 USPS Packages sent all were Delivered with zero issues

Quote:
save 1 and it cannot Be blamed on USPS . Sent an NGC graded Belgium Coin , tied up in Belgian Customs for 63 Days!!
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just as a reference point, mailed a submission to PCGS in California from Chicago via Registered. Got there in 6 days (mailed on a Wednesday, got there Tuesday). Should've easily got there Monday since it arrived at LAX on Sunday, but for whatever reason decided to linger there an extra day.
Edited by mrpapageorgio
04/01/2021 8:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1349 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SO! This your USPS at work...

I'm expecting a package today. I always get the tracking info forwarded to my phone so when it is scanned as delivered I get a text.

THAT BEING SAID, I got that alert as I was just about getting home. I see the USPS guy (yes my delivery person is male) I go to the mail box and get my mail, no package. I check my phone, the alert says it was left at my front door. STILL NO package! I get in my truck and chase the guy down, luckily he was still in the neighborhood (he had actually stopped on the adjoining side street across from my house) I show him my phone and the delivery notification. He looks perplexed, says to check my box. I do Magically is did NOT appear in it. I tell him I'm going to check my security camera. The mail guy then says, "let me finish this delivery and I'll be right back." he make a u-turg and drives up the street a bit. I wait. He comes back in less than a minute with my Package in his hand.

Hmm... I wonder what would have happened if I had not gotten home when I did. my package would be lost to me, with eBay reporting it as DELIVERED! then I would have been screwed.

Here is a pic from the eBay listing I bought: 2009-S to 2019-S Mint Proof quarter sets that are to be cracked open to help fill my Dansco albums.

Boy oh boy am I, umm.. VERY angry! (for lack of a much better phrase I could have used)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
1134 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same story here: tracking number showed "Delivered" last Saturday but package nowhere to be found. I will check later to see if it "magically arrived" today.
Learn More...
United States
99495 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1349 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, that was me () driving trying to find that guy. I had to be quick to avoid losing him.

but yeah, I'm glad I got them as well..

Quote:
Same story here: tracking number showed "Delivered" last Saturday but package nowhere to be found. I will check later to see if it "magically arrived" today.

I hope you get it, Can't let the USPS go unchecked..
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Pillar of the Community
United States
1134 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope you get it, Can't let the USPS go unchecked..

$600 worth of coins. Can't let that slip.

Edit to add: arrived!
Edited by NumisEd
04/12/2021 5:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1349 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Edit to add: arrived!

Great news!!!
Learn More...
United States
99495 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9530 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn, I would report that incident to your postmaster and online to the USPS. It would be difficult to make an insurance claim when the package was scanned as "Delivered". These days .... arggghhh
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently had a package disappear for more than a whole week. It was accepted by my local post office on Mar. 24... tracked at another facility on Mar. 26... and then NOTHING for EIGHT days! It finally did arrive at the destination across the country 12 days after I mailed it on April 5. While it wasn't a large value item, it was quite disconcerting for an item to have no updates for so long.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Learn More...
United States
99495 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I recently had a package disappear for more than a whole week.
Someone put it on the wrong truck or something!
Pillar of the Community
United States
980 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EddieDiz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well.let'see what happens this time. Tomorrow will make 3 weeks since the coins were shipped from Hungary. The last ones took 4 months plus a week to arrive due to the Christmas fiasco,now tax returns should be at their destinations by now (hopefully). Next thing you know they will use National Pizza Day as an excuse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1349 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
National Pizza Day

when's that? this popcorn is getting stale... PIZZA!!
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 3,714Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05