Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Being Itself Again....

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 102 / Views: 3,289Next Topic
Page: of 7
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56640 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had an insured First Class package initially travel close to its Detroit-area address, then sent back to Chicago, then sent to Omaha, then back to Chicago, then back to Detroit and finally to the correct address, Total elapsed time, 34 days from late December to early February this year. Total postage cost about $7.
Edited by Coinfrog
04/26/2021 6:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2582 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A week for priority mail in Conus, with signature required.
Pillar of the Community
United States
974 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EddieDiz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is really hilarious is I keep getting updates about the search request on the previous shipment of coins I received about 4 weeks ago;'your item has not been recovered but every effort...". Talk about dysfunctional.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7835 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ever since the post office dismantling, it's been hit or miss. I feel sorry for some of my customers sometimes.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
1056 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apparently the opposite can happen too. Tracking stated coins will be delivered later, but when checking my mailbox the packages are sitting there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
974 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EddieDiz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The current shipment of coins from Hungary arrived in one day under 4 weeks vs. the 4 months plus a week for the previous shipment.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4634 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very good news!

Like you, I receive packages often from Eastern Europe.

AFter last summer, some of the sellers went to courier only delivery to the U.S. (FedEx , DHL) at a cost of anywhere between $45 to $75. But the seller I buy from most often never changed their policy, of shipping registered mail by Poczta Polska (the Polish postal service) for $7. I think a few shipments last year took 4 to 5 weeks to reach me, but they are now back to almost normal, which was 2-3 weeks pre-pandemic.
Learn More...
United States
99070 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The current shipment of coins from Hungary arrived in one day under 4 weeks vs. the 4 months plus a week for the previous shipment.
Fantastic!
Valued Member
Russian Federation
221 Posts
 Posted Today  8H 9M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to describe two of my cases.
In December, I made 2 orders from one seller and he sent them. There were some problems with shipping from London ( from the US they went to Britain first). In the end, I only received one package. The other one returned to the seller with a mention of non-demand. I can't say for sure whose jamb was the American mail or the Russian one. Now I'm waiting for a package from the same seller again, and it's stuck in London again. The sad thing is that I can't track them on the territory of Russia. I think they're changing their numbers or something.

Pillar of the Community
United States
974 Posts
 Posted Today  7H 55M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EddieDiz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few years ago I could track the package being sent from Hungary at least from the time it arrived at Jamaica,NY but for the last few years I enter the tracking number and it says tracking not available for this product from Hungary. I guess it recognizes the HU on the end of the tracking number and this is for registered insured mail.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4634 Posts
 Posted Today  4H 42M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@EddieD, it's the same for me with registered packages from Poland.
Sometime last year the USPS decided to make the tracking info unavailable for registered mail from Poland, even after the package arrives in the U.S.
Very strange policy because it seems to me this means the software needed to be re-programmed to selectively drop certain countries (I was not aware this also happened for Hungary.)

For those who have not received these kinds of mailings, the European registered mail system appears to give all registered letters a tracking number like this:
RX123456789CO.

- The first character is always an R
- the second character is a letter that varies by country (best I can tell)
- next is a 9-digit number
- the last two characters are a country code: FR, DE, PL etc.

This is why I say USPS must have intentionally re-programmed its system to stop tracking registered letters with a number that ends in PL and HU.
Edited by tdziemia
Today 4H 33M ago
United States
7 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 46M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TerpFan95 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I deal with the postal system in my business on a daily basis and it's been a disaster for over a year. Here in Maryland with courthouses closed statewide we have to submit deeds for recording through the mail. A return package from the Clerk of the Court on Anne Arundel County was several weeks overdue. When it finally showed up it was very clear that a postal employee had used a piece of tape to remove the postmark date. It was metered postage and a piece of tape had been applied to just the area where the date & package # was and then ripped off taking the date and info along with the fist couple layers of the manila packaging with it. Just one more way they are trying to cover up their incompetency.
Page: of 7 Replies: 102 / Views: 3,289Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05