Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Being Itself Again....

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 152 / Views: 6,249Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
United States
2315 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it just me, or is the USPS becoming more and more lax when it comes to providing tracking updates? Shouldn't be taking 36 hours+ just to show that they've received and accepted packages...
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3654 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John check out this one, 24 days from date shipped till I got it.

Edited by hfjacinto
06/10/2021 08:49 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2283 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well you don't know which route it took.. The short route through 1 extra state (from MA, to NY, then to NJ) or the Very long route through 3 extra states (from MA, through RI,CT,NY then Finally to NJ)

Edit: Now keep in mind that the distance between all those states is equal to driving end to end in Metro Phoenix AZ. (East Mesa to West Peoria.)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarter Albums coin count: 423/423
My Dansco 8113,8114 Jefferson nickel Albums coin count: not sure yet
Edited by Dearborn
06/10/2021 09:00 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3654 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well you don't know which route it took.. The short route through 1 extra state (from MA, to NY, then to NJ) or the Very long route through 3 extra states (from MA, through RI,CT,NY then Finally to NJ)

Edit: Now keep in mind that the distance between all those states is equal to driving end to end in Metro Phoenix AZ. (East Mesa to West Peoria.)

I'm pretty certain it was sent on the snail trail. I can almost understand MA to NJ as probably the seagulls ate a lot of the snails and since they have cross the turnpike to get to my exit, a few must have been run over.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2283 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm pretty certain it was sent on the snail trail

Well, if they took to route by the Sea lanes, they may have melted from the salt in the water..
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
Pillar of the Community
United States
2315 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

John check out this one, 24 days from date shipped till I got it.

My word... that is insanity! 15 days without an update from May 5 to May 20... My "worst" was 8 days without an update for one item I shipped - total 14 days for the customer to receive their item.

As for my latest dilemma, I'm guessing they simply forgot to empty their "after hours" bins. If I had known they were going to do this, I would've just waited another 10 minutes for them to open and had them scanned in front of me.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
993 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EddieDiz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The trend seems to be getting better. Since the 4 months plus a week disaster,the next one took one day under 4 weeks and this one was 3 weeks.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
331 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  07:31 am  Show Profile   Check Slerk's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For sellers in the U.S., if you want to send a package with tracking outside the U.S., the cost is at least $15. This makes the shipping of low value items this way impractical.

I mostly buy TPG coins. I would not say that they are very cheap, so I refused to pay even $ 20, but many sellers from the United States ask for almost $ 50 (I can not say exactly what kind of delivery this is).

Quote:
Shipping pre-WWII coins out of Italy requires the sender to go through a process of involving the Ministry of Culture, and which is currently experiencing very long delays.

I think that it is also very expensive. Russia has a similar law. Is there a similar law in many countries ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2283 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, so this isn't exactly about the USPS but how the seller gave it to the USPS and the postage paid:

I bought this 1953 Proof Jefferson nickel I was packaged in a plastic 2x2 non pvc zip baggie. Then it was placed into a manila envelope and stamps were placed upon it for payment to get it delivered to me.
Shipping cost for me was $3.75

This is the coin:

This is the package it was mailed in:

Over kill on postage or what? The package only had to go to Arizona from Florida
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3534 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IIRC it's not uncommon to be able to buy (even unused) stamps below face value, because approximately nobody actually wants them. This does look like a bit too much postage though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1581 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2021  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to agree, it is very easy to buy postage below face value, when buying from certain old time dealers that used to deal in stamps and have boxes of stamp sheets. I can typically get them for a quarter of face value if I buy in sheet quantity.
Pillar of the Community
United States
993 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EddieDiz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still keep getting these search request updates about the coin shipment that was sent from Hungary on 11/23/2020 and received 3/30/21. Obviously the tracking system and the one doing the searching aren't interconnected.
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought a couple innovation dollars from a seller in New Jersey off ebay and got notified that my order had been delivered yesterday. Went to the mailbox and...nothing. Went back and checked the tracking history and it said it had been delivered in Santa ANA CA, about 25 miles from where I live at 12:07 pm yesterday. I'm going to wait until Monday and if they don't show up I think I'll make a lot of noise with the USPS and ebay (the tracking said ebay tracking). It's only $4.00, but what the heck, I don't have anything else planned that day.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Edited by DeputyMax
06/25/2021 4:22 pm
Valued Member
New Zealand
56 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2021  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NZStamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a quarantine period for mail? Ordered from USA to NZ been a month and parcels gone only from FL to NY so far.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
331 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2021  03:23 am  Show Profile   Check Slerk's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a similar problem. I ordered some coins from the USA on June 8 and they are still in San Francisco. How long do I have to wait for them to leave the United States ?
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 152 / Views: 6,249Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05