Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1899 Newfoundland 20 Cent Looking For Opinions..

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 752Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
627 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3341 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wasn't me, I was watching, but my internet went down at 5;30 last night, I would have been out bid as I wasn't prepared to go to 2000$.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2337 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks MS, but with that 'Ebay tilt' going on, there could definitely be a multitude of strong hairlines on the coin and you'd never know it until the coin arrives at your front door.

Stay away!!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
627 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still cant believe this sold for 2099!

The Charleton lists the highest grade 20 cent 1899 at $800 for AU55, which means none exist that are better struck. The Charleton states that none of this coin were minted with MS quality finishes.

I know we take the Charleton prices with a grain of salt but woah! Makes me wonder what the winners max bid was when they only overshot the next closest bid by a dollar. Then again, some people have money to burn.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 752Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05