Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 United States Mint Proof Set Available March 5

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 580Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  12:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2021 United States Mint Proof Set Available March 5
2021, March 5, 5

US Mint - WASHINGTON - The 2021 United States Mint Proof Set (product code 21RG) will be available for purchase starting on March 5 at noon EST. This year's set includes the following San Francisco-minted coins:

One America the Beautiful Quarters Program Coin honoring the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site in Alabama
This is the final release in the program. Its reverse (tails) depicts a Tuskegee Airman pilot suiting up to join the fight during World War II with the Moton Field control tower in the background. The pilot looks upward with pride and confidence as two P-51 Mustangs pass overhead. The inscription "THEY FOUGHT TWO WARS" is arced across the top as a reference to the dual battles the Tuskegee Airmen fought—fascism abroad and racial discrimination at home. Inscriptions are "TUSKEGEE AIRMEN," "ALABAMA," "2021," and "E PLURIBUS UNUM." The obverse (heads) features the 1932 portrait of George Washington by sculptor John Flanagan, with the inscriptions "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST," and "QUARTER DOLLAR."

One General George Washington Crossing the Delaware Quarter
This coin's obverse (heads) design marks a return to the familiar depiction of George Washington by John Flanagan as it appeared on the quarter from 1932 to 1998. The design was modified for the 50 State Quarters and America the Beautiful Quarters Programs. In this new depiction, Washington's portrait is larger, with higher relief. Inscriptions are "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST," and "2021." The reverse (tails) features General George Washington commanding his troops through the overnight crossing of the ice-choked Delaware River prior to the Battle of Trenton during the American Revolutionary War. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "CROSSING THE DELAWARE," and "QUARTER DOLLAR."

One Native American $1 Coin
The 2021 coin theme is Native Americans in the U.S. Military. The reverse (tails) design depicts eagle feathers, which were traditionally earned in battle or by performing a brave deed. Eagle feathers are revered, receiving the utmost care and handling, and are to be displayed proudly in homes. Stars representing five branches of the U.S. Military are in the foreground, and a circle provides an additional reference to Native Americans. Inscriptions include "NATIVE AMERICANS - DISTINGUISHED MILITARY SERVICE SINCE 1775," "$1," and "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."

One Kennedy half dollar
One Roosevelt dime
One Jefferson nickel, and
One Lincoln penny.

The coins are sealed in two lenses and packaged in a decorative carton emblazoned with an image of the Washington Monument at sunrise on the front and coin images on the back. The Mint's Certificate of Authenticity accompanies each set.
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Check Akkdayam's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Akkdayam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely want to get my hands on those two quarters there although I don't know why
When you buy on eBay make sure you don't get it then realize you bought the wrong thing 3 minutes later - me

Edited by Akkdayam
02/26/2021 12:58 pm
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lowest face value of a proof set since 1998, and the first one since then without at least 5 quarters issued in a calendar year. It's bittersweet seeing the final release of the long lived ATB series, if a little sad. Granted it would be more so if a new series wasn't set to debut the very next year but I digress. Part of me will miss those ATBs, even if they did last seemingly forever
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's bittersweet seeing the final release of the long lived ATB series, if a little sad. Granted it would be more so if a new series wasn't set to debut the very next year but I digress.

I wish the CTD quarter could have lasted longer. Having six coins in a single lens would haven been nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be buying the set - and the silver set when that one come out.. (I just have to keep up to date..)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What? No W proof dime?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What? No W proof dime?

That brings up a good point!

2019 - 3 special minted cent coins
2020 - 2 (supposed to be 3) special minted nickels
2021 - nothing.. I was hoping that the mint would have gone through all the coins like they did in 2019
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I supposed with the botched uncirculated W nickel last year they opted to not commit to a dime this year. Maybe next year?

Until then, hug those two extra 2014 silver dimes you have.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I mentioned this in the 2021 product schedule thread, but I think it's worth repeating here:

Quote:
The price is $32.00 for 7 coins with a face value of $2.16! That's the same price as the 2020 set, which had 11 coins with a face value of $2.96 (including the bonus W nickel). For another comparison, the 2014 Proof set, which had 14 coins with a face value of $6.91, was $31.95.

I also wish the Mint would release the final proof and silver proof ATB Quarters separately as they've done for every year of the series. They could just sell the separate quarter lenses with both 2021 quarters and I'd be happy!

Quote:
It's bittersweet seeing the final release of the long lived ATB series, if a little sad. Granted it would be more so if a new series wasn't set to debut the very next year but I digress.

It is sad, definitely the end of an era. My wallet will be grateful, though.
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also wish the Mint would release the final proof and silver proof ATB Quarters separately as they've done for every year of the series. They could just sell the separate quarter lenses with both 2021 quarters and I'd be happy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well My order is in!!

Quote:
Proof Set 2021
SAN FRANCISCO (S)
Order Summary
Order Placed: 03/5/21
Order Status: PROCESSING
Order Number: USS13775xx

Pillar of the Community
United States
3678 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my order confirmation today as well!
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My order of two of these proof sets arrives via UPS tomorrow. The price remained the same as last year, no surprise there despite there being three less quarters. I for one am glad that the "W" qimmicks have passed. at least for now.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 580Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05