Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 S/S Lincoln Wheat Cent RPM-001, FS-1501

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 566Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the Beauty and such a nice rpm.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1605 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice 09-S, RPM makes it even better.
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
United States
1352 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Kloccwork419's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Kloccwork419 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beauty TB. I know how hard that was. I been looking for the same one. I did just pick a 43-D RPM-1 MS65 tho. Youre right on the price. It doesn't change much with it being an RPM and very hard to find MS. Maybe the scratches on the cheek put it to 64? I would leave it in that holder. Even if it went to 65 it might be RB which it slightly more than the current grade but not really worth trying. Unless your doing it for the variey label. Plus depends on what you paid, which I'm sure you got it for a good price. Great pick!!
Edited by Kloccwork419
02/23/2021 4:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1004 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How in the heck did PCGS miss that?!? Did somebody over there forget their glasses?
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
1352 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Kloccwork419's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Kloccwork419 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you dont pay for the variety attribution, they wont put it on the label, even if they see it. The majority of coin collectors dont care about varieties. Just high grade coins. Thats why we cherrypick them. Lol
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3217 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  12:08 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the kind words! In general with a coin at this level I'd like to have the variety on the label. Just seems more elegant than a little sticker noting it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1352 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  05:57 am  Show Profile   Check Kloccwork419's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Kloccwork419 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was responding to dearborn. I already know what youre going to do. Lol Will you leave it without the label if it doesn't grade higher? Take whatever they give you or crack it out?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3217 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll submit it with the grade on it and try to do a reholder without regrading. I need to look into that a bit to make sure that is an option, as I thought I read somewhere in their literature that they always regrade coins when submitted unless there is a do not reholder at lower grade listed with the submission. Just unsure, but I think I'd rather have it as graded than risk ending up with a 64 RB in the end. It's the RD part that makes this one a bit more special.

A very quick search found this:

Quote:
Reholder The "Reholder" service applies to coins that are currently graded and encapsulated by PCGS that the customer would like placed into the most current PCGS holder. For this submission type, the coins will not be graded.
Edited by tropicalbats
02/25/2021 10:51 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1352 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Check Kloccwork419's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Kloccwork419 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So does that mean they will keep it at its current grade? Will thry add the variety without grading?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1540 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, klockwork. I sent in a few reholders recently and they are reholdered in a week or so. Lightning fast as far as PCGS goes.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 566Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05