Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Seller Trying To Sell A 1953 'D' Proof Set.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 229Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  08:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
eBay item number:164714049766

Seeing how the mint at that time only made proof sets from Philadelphia and not from Denver, I think that this listing should go bye-bye!

The pictures are grainy and bad, BUT if you look at the quarter reverse in the 6th picture, you can clearly see the 'D' under the Eagle.

Anybody of power here care to tackle this guy?
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21099 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bobby!

I reported it and with your power, it's all gone
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17222 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first picture clearly had a sticker over the quarter that said 1953 D Mint set. I take it he called it a proof set in the title?
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sure did. AND bidding was at it for only $30.00 with a day left. Only one bidder. So I hope we saved him/her 30 bucks
Edited by Dearborn
02/23/2021 8:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would not have said anything otherwise.. You see, I'm looking to buy a 1953 proof set (and a 1952, and 1951.. and so on as far back as I can afford.)
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 229Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05