Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1872 Indian Trade Dollar Pattern Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 336Next Topic  
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  06:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bigthudson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this real or fake it's silver and weighs about 24 grams if my junk scales are close,lol it's non magnetic looks very old under the scope.i know there is a lot of counterfeit but I don't think this is one,it looks nothing like them. Please help and thank you..

Pillar of the Community
United States
3244 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  07:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a replica of a Trade dollar. Fake as can be. First clue is that liberty on a real Trade dollar isn't a guy and 2nd clue the reverse looks nothing like a real Trade dollar.
Edited by hfjacinto
02/24/2021 07:32 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Blind Squirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are a couple of beautiful examples on Heritage Auctions you can compare yours to.

The 1872 Indian princess Trade dollar pre-dates the much more abundant Trade dollars which were issued beginning in 1873.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
476 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
also 420 grains coverts to 27. grams.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55727 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, fake as can be. How many threads do you have going on this same coin?
Edited by Coinfrog
02/24/2021 09:48 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
760 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Phake...
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigthudson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have matched it up under the scope with the one off Heritage Auction its identical that is a lady just like the one I viewed mine has alot of wear,and my scales were junk so I re weighed it when I got new ones. Its 27.1g But thank you all for the replies
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigthudson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not saying it's a Trade dollar I'm saying is it a real pattern of a Trade dollar of 1872. One they was going to produce but changed the pattern,also there is no mint mark on it as well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55727 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With respect, this is just a copy of a Trade dollar pattern. If you would like an inexpensive professional opinion, just log on to http://www.NGCcoin.com and for just $5.00 this leading TPG will give you an opinion on the coin's authenticity.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigthudson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok ty
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55727 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let us know the outcome if you take this course, please.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 336Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05