Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Can I Tell If My 1961 Jefferson D Nickel Is An Error Or Not?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 398Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  10:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinsiniowa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Here are the images.

Please help me.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55985 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What kind of error do you see?

to the CCF!
Valued Member
404 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
agreed with @coinfrog - what do you think that you are seeing? As of now, all I see is a circulated 1961 nickel.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsiniowa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am trying to figure out if it is the same kind of nickel that is going for $50,000 on etsy. My coin looks virtually the same as the $50,000 coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3262 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:04 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it is the same kind of nickel that is going for $50,000 on etsy. My coin looks virtually the same as the $50,000 coin.

It probably is the same as the coin on etsy. A lot of those high-dollar listings on etsy are actually just normal pocket change. Whether it is a ridiculous scam or a money laundering scheme, I have no idea. Terrible site to buy coins.

Don't use etsy listings as a reference!
Valued Member
404 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know what listing you are talking about specifically, but I would venture that what you are seeing is unsold, and is simply someone asking insane money for a regular nickel. There are many such listings on ebay, etsy, kijiji, etc., either the people placing these adverts are dishonest, misinformed, or deficient.

Your coin is a regular nickel, worth FV, sorry.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3629 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, would be best to ignore the bogus Etsy $50K coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1676 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember "ASKING" price is not "SELLING" price. Etsy is famous for ridiculous prices asked for normal or damaged coins.
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsiniowa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is what I mean. is this first one lying?

Valued Member
404 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whatever is circled there ain't worth 50k. Its time to move on.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1920 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is what I mean. is this first one lying?

The simple answer is Yes

Quote:
Don't use etsy listings as a reference!

I could not agree more. I've never been on etsy & never will.
All the facts and truth about my coins I can find right here at the coin community forum. Most reliable sight online

Quote:
Whatever is circled

Looks like the star is circled. All nickels have that star
Edited by jasper62
02/25/2021 2:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1321 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And that $32,000.00 one next to it? It's worth about a dollar. Maybe. If you were lucky. The $9.99 one that's third? Face value, i.e., 5. It's NOT pre-war composition.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1259 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Etsy Convinced My Grandfather That He Had A 1969 DDO, Even Though He Didn't. NEVER Use Etsy. EVER
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if
My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you! A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification. I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3059 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How Can I Tell If My 1961 Jefferson D Nickel Is An Error Or Not?
Research
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsiniowa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK. Thanks. This was helpful. Kinda hoped it was true though. Now, could someone delete this disscusion/post/topic thing? Thanks
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 398Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05