Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

High Rim Brass Colored 1963 D

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 151Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
55 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  3:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Ok, so I have a 1963 D penny, which after checking Lincoln Cent Resources, Copper Coins (7 different levels), and Variety Vista websites shows some attributes of possible DDO's. However after considerable time trying to figure out which DDO number or level it is I am at a lost to try to assign the correct one.

The coin has a high rim on the obverse which shadows the motto, so I used an extra lamp to make the characters of the script to stand out. Some of the script appears doubled like the R in trust and the 'we' toward the top of the script. The overall color of the coin looks like brass but the pics show copper color. The bust of Lincoln has a 3D quality and shows the extra eyelid, but tough to see. The Mint Mark shows a doubling to the left, also tough to see. Liberty shows some Machine Doubling to the left. I included two Picts for the obverse &reverse as well to round out the visual. Check of the weight shows 3.1 grams. The coin is worn but in good shape otherwise! Let me know your thoughts. Sorry about the length of the description. Regards!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1696 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Besides being a nice looking 63 Lincoln cent I have no idea about the other things that you can see in hand but we can't see in the pictures.
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50227 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it smaller than a normal cent. If so it maybe PSD.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 151Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05