Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dearborns Dansco 7070 Project

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 1,236Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
3246 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Filling the 7070 is much more fun than I expected :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Filling the 7070 is much more fun than I expected :)

Yes it is.

more fun that just set collecting.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
4201 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Off to a quick start....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Off to a quick start

Yup, I think that I have a lot of these. When I was younger (much younger) my collecting had no direction. I just grabbed up anything of interest to me and put them in my coin box. for the most part forgotten - until now that is.

Since then I had become more organized and had decided to collect complete year sets (proofs/silvers/mint sets - anything that was a series) But alas, I have completed them as best as I can (still going forward but I'm up to date)

But my loose coins were forgotten - then DANSCO 7070! and my long forgotten coins now have a home!

Anyway - I don't think anyone saw my little goof I had already. My Ike dollars. I have the Bicentennial in the right spot but I saw another Ike spot to fill - which I did (with a NON-silver coin which I had to remove. oops!

So! back to more pictures, then back to rummaging through my coin box again.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Edited by Dearborn
02/27/2021 08:50 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3246 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish they would update the 7070 as there are several I coins missing like the Native American series the ATB, shield cent and Lincoln commerative, commerative nickel, V75 quarter, and those aren't expensive to get in high grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have noticed that. When I'm done with what the album comes with, I may find one of thoes blank pages that have the holes with various sizes to fill up with the modern coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more additions from my coin box - I have marked some of them on my spreadsheet (thanks Forum Dad) for replacement as time/cash allows.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4723 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! Welcome to the 7070 club as someone earlier on had said. You are off to a screaming start. When I started mine about 2 years ago there was an awesome forum member who has passed away that sold me everything he had updated in his 7070. His name was Crazyb0 and man was he a personality. I think I got about 15 coins from him (most of which I've been able to upgrade since). But it was nice getting that jumpstart like that.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
02/27/2021 11:04 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 more I got from my Grandmother way back in the day...

18xx Large cent - braided hair. date destroyed by unk means

1853 liberty Seated half dime with arrows (holed)

1857 liberty Seated dime with legend

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4542 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@dearborn, you are off to a great start!

Since I am a serious SLACKER when it comes to U.S. coins (and hence do not have a Dansco 7070 set underway), this will be a great thread for me to learn.

Can someone please tell me how the more recent Lincoln designs are handled, since I see that on page 1 the small cents end with the Lincoln Memorial.

Likewise, how are the 1976 Bicentennial types handled?
Edited by tdziemia
02/27/2021 12:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tdziemia

What do you mean by 'handled'?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4542 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I meant is there a place in the 7070 for the 2009 Lincoln Bicentennial and the 2010-shield type?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, I see. But No, not yet. I'm not even sure if Dansco is making these anymore. They are sold out everywhere I looked so far.. (I'm lucky I found my album at a decent price at just over $50.00)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3678 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have read that the 7070 is a 19th and 20th Century Type Set, so I don't think it will ever be updated for more modern issues.

Quote:
That '55 cent, I got when I was a kid back in the '60's - I hate the finger print on it, but what did an 8 year old know at that point? It was one of my first finds I got from my paper route change.

One of the neat things about the 7070 is that with the common coins especially, you can choose coins with some sort of meaning vs. trying to find the most pristine examples. All of my moderns came from a 1973 mint set. My dad gave me the D mint coins back when I was a kid and I put them in one of those old plastic penny through dollar holders. Seemed like the perfect choice to transfer into the 7070.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One of the neat things about the 7070 is that with the common coins especially, you can choose coins with some sort of meaning vs. trying to find the most pristine examples

Thanks for that info.. I might just keep the coins I posted already and not upgrade them due to sentimental value of them to me.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 1,236Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05