Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

So Has Anyone Ever Seen A Black Beauty Nickel 2004

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 582Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cruz7585 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK I re posted the one that has the crack in the middle of it hopefully that's better for you sorry I can't go any bigger
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cruz7585 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK OK I got a bunch and I can go on all night but Ima show us one more and that's because I crop the rest of women I can show you guys tomorrow but to change the subject here is a 1991 D penny that is a monster tone and I don't think this is environmental just kidding right
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cruz7585 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK OK I got a bunch and I can go on all night but Ima show us one more and that's because I crop the rest of women I can show you guys tomorrow but to change the subject here is a 1991 D penny that is a monster tone and I don't think this is environmental just kidding right
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try using the preview option before youn post to get an idea of how it will look. You want to get rid of all that empty black space.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cruz7585 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I'm using the Mike and dealing with the kids at the same time because they want to play with the pennies Right so tell me what you guys think about this one sorry for the words
Pillar of the Community
United States
5412 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, a few things here... the issue with your photos is you are not cropping your images. Pull the edges of your photos in all the way to the edges of your coins in your photo editor. We shouldn't be able to see all that black around your coin. As is, all we see is black with a tiny coin in the middle. If you crop your photos, you'll find the size of your coins you show us will increase too.

Second, ONE coin per thread, please. It is very difficult and confusing otherwise for us to respond.

Back to your titled question, about a "Black Beauty Nickel 2004". Your coin if suffering from environmental tarnishing/toning/staining post mint damage. Nothing more, nothing less. No premium, value remains at 5 cents.

to the CCF!

ça va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
5589 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry all your coin fall in the PMD category,all spenders.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1809 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are all worth 5˘ each. They have environmental damage. The last one doesn't have a crack. It is clearly a scratch. Sorry.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38503 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  04:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cruz7585,
WADR,until you can post close ups of your coins you are just wasting your time...we can't help much with these pics. The better the photo you post the better we can help you. Also, one coin per thread please...thanks.
NOTE: Black Beauty nickels can be made in your oven at home of any year coin.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
628 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the 1940 D has damage on the steps, the 1962 is a scratch, the others are just environmental damage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1920 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One coin per thread
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15045 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to agree with all posted comments . And yes Black Beauty Jefferson nickels do exist ,they are mostly 1958-P and 1959-P. Composition of planchet made by being improperly annealed during creation .
However , none of your Nickels are BB's .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add element47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive actually been wondering about black beauties as well. And it can be hard to tell the difference between them and environmental damage through photos for me, probably mostly because of my untrained eye. So what I did was I ordered an example of a black beauty on ebay so that I can study a known example and get my eye used to the difference. Thats what Ive had to do for several different orders. It helps me at least. But as far as your coins go, I would have to agree with the environmental damage. You can see some pitting, and other colors dont look right to me. At least according to what Ive seen. I also thought I had a "missing clad layer" quarter a couple months ago and was told otherwise. So I studied E.D. a bit. And that is for sure E.D.. Sorry. But keep looking! And maybe try buying a known example to study and compare it to what you have!
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38503 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a photo of (your) BB?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 582Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05