Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada 1858 Pattern 20 Cent Pc-4

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 463Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
544 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  07:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know how many of the 1858 PC-4 pattern 20 cent were minted? And were they all specimen coins or were some minted as business strikes?

Referring to this little beastie:
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And a purty little beastie she is! PCGS has 6 in their pop reports. Couldn't find any at NGC.
Valued Member
Canada
89 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's probably many in Europe that aren't graded. There is an auction for 2 1937 brass 1937 patterns. 1 penny and 1 dime. Both ungraded, in Paris. I don't know how they got their though.. probably some rich French family who took it home as a souvenir.

https://www.cgbfr.com/canada-george...43471,a.html

https://www.cgbfr.com/canada-george...43470,a.html

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1660 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe the 1937 specimens were struck at the Paris mint.....?
Valued Member
Canada
89 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess, but the Paris Mint was contracted to make them and all the patterns were supposed to be sent to the RCM I think.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1274 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am aware of 1937's listed in Europe just now.
they had also a couple of quarters and others. This is drawing out now over several years and was a subject here, I believe on this forum, once before.
They advertised everywhere and had very little interest. I sent them a note that perhaps they should have PCGS certify these. They wrote back and suggested, typical French with their nose up in the air knowing it all better. said not to interfere with their business and to mind my own business.
I took the high road as their reply was obviously translated by SW.
Edited by 47P7
02/27/2021 11:35 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
544 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay - but does anyone know anything about the 1858s?
Valued Member
Canada
51 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Levaril to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd suggest talking to Sandy Campbell. He has one and no doubt has more info about them.

Lev
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3515 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would be good if bosox chimed in on this. For specimens and patterns, he's the guy, as is Sandy.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
544 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will do. Thanks!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 463Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05