Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Roll Findings .

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 400Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  11:04 am Show Profile   Check Akkdayam's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Akkdayam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am hopefully going to stop by my bank today and get some rolls to see if I like it or not... but I need to know should I get nickels, dimes,quarters,pennys,half dollars, or other as a starter I know most about pennys but the half dollars sound cool... I will list my findings here wether it's dimes or nickels AND dimes.
When you buy on eBay make sure you don't get it then realize you bought the wrong thing 3 minutes later - me

Pillar of the Community
United States
3594 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have the $$, get a mix--a couple rolls each, cents through quarters. Rolls of halves are not always available.
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  11:12 am  Show Profile   Check Akkdayam's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Akkdayam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I have 35 dollars to burn so not that many rolls but I will try
When you buy on eBay make sure you don't get it then realize you bought the wrong thing 3 minutes later - me

Pillar of the Community
United States
3594 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good start. After going through the rolls and considering what you have, you can begin concentrating on what you enjoy most. And if it doesn't appeal to you after all, you can go in a different direction.
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  11:28 am  Show Profile   Check Akkdayam's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Akkdayam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks!

Valued Member
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck; I hope that you find some cool coins!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2185 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People that usually get involved will eventually find their "niche" so to speak... best to grab a good amount of all denominations early and then decide what you like the most.

You usually get the most "bang for your buck" with Halves, provided you can find a bank that has them or that can order them for you - best to build a relationship with a bank over the course of time before doing this though. Nickels have done me really well through the years - War Nickels, key date Jeffersons in high grades, proofs, Buffaloes, V nickels, and even varieties like the 1943/2 P are out there. Dimes can be fun, but you really need A LOT of patience with them - silver is still out there, believe it or not... Cents, while fun, rarely get you really nice finds - the 1998 Wide AM is out there, as is the 1970-S Small Date if you're persistent and out West... Quarters would probably be the least appealing thing for a newbie because they represent your lowest probability of finding a silver coin out of any of the denominations. The "W" mint marked coins are usually the main focus of most people's searches, along with the modern ATB coins. Also, several of the 2009-2012 dated Quarters are tough to find thanks to lower mintages.

CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4215 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since you are on the west coast (like me) and if your looking for varieties...I'd stay away from nickels and dimes since the Denver mint didn't make as many errors/varieties in comparison to the Philly mint.
I'd go big or small...fifty center and cents..

Good luck and happy hunting
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Check Akkdayam's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Akkdayam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent about 25 dollars got 10 penny rolls (50 cents each) 1 quarter roll 2 and a half nickel rolls 1 dime roll, and half of a Kennedy half dollar roll didn't find anything apparently they only had 2020/2019 and a few like 2009 pennies so yeah I didn't find anything good...

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so yeah I didn't find anything good...
Bummer. Hopefully you will find success on your next round.
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Akkdayam's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Akkdayam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hoppfully...

Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 400Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05