Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

3 Uncirculated 1955 Quarters With Possible Identical Errors

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 700Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3859 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:47 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reason I asked to see the Reverse as well .Pretty simple
I would like to know if the three coins are from the same die pairings.
This is a neat little original group worth looking at the entire coins.
Those are NOT well placed scratches .
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Red Leader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So if the consensus is that they are die cracks, were do I go from here? This seems to be fairly unique to have three coins showing the same die crack. What would the value on these be? Is there a value on them?
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rothery, maybe it was my tired eyes last night, but it was hard for me to tell whether the lines looked raised or indented. That's what I meant by I can see it both ways. Am I making sense about what I meant? (I know you know the differences in die cracks and scratches).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Posted are the Obverse and Reverse of the individual coins for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for the new pictures. So the middle picture, without the crack going into the fields like the first and last pictures, also has cracks at the bottom of the bust going through the 9 to the rim? If so then that coin did not come off of the same die as the other 2. That's just what I'm seeing - thoughts?
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15085 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have three 1955 quarters that I purchased out of an uncirculated coin roll

This was OP's opening statement . All 3 of those Quarters do not look like they came out of an uncirculated roll . In my opinion they are MS-60 at best . Devices are shabby, many hits ,dings , scratches, etc.
Sorry Red Leader not to bash you , just trying to present my opinion . I can very well be wrong , everyone is entitled to voice their opinion .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Red Leader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No worries T-bop, to me they are already near the top of my list of coins in my collection. I do not have a ton of new coins as most of my coins have been found in circulation, or purchased as circulated. I do feel as though this completes my collection, or at least checks a box off, since I have never found anything like this before. My next step is definitely going to be to get them looked at and possibly certified or appraised. I do not know how far I need to go in a case like this. To me it is pretty cool to have this, even a set of the same die break is cool, to have two different die breaks is even better. I did not catch that break on the 9 because I was so caught up with the other breaks. I appreciate the candor and the open discussion over my coins. I learned something with all of this.
You guys are all pretty awesome!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3859 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All three are off the same obverse die , the crack is progressing .
As to not being original and BU , nonsense . They are baggy as
stated but obviously mint state on my 27 inch .
MS 60 is probably about right .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1748 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a common place for a die crack. On Heritage I found 6 of them in the first 12 coins, and one in a lot of 3 quarters is a 1952-D. It's so common that I'm wondering if it's a master die that was cracked.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38605 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  04:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So if the consensus is that they are die cracks, were do I go from here?

Keep them if you like, but there is little if any premium for them.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
98386 Posts
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Red Leader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you J-buck!!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 700Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05