Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1853 Seated Liberty Half Dime With Arrows -Holed- What Do Yo Think?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 193Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1108 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
somebody punched a hole in this one. for a pendant?

Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56105 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely the case.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1108 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what about a grade? (which is why I used this forum)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
2997 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say G details, holed.
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am thinking VG 08 Details (other than the hole!). That alone would probably knock the grade down to G.

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Pillar of the Community
United States
7070 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
what about a grade? (which is why I used this forum)

Admittedly, I had the same initial response as the Frog...Yup! Its a holed Seated dime for sure.

Since so many people come onto this forum with so many coins asking different questions, it helps when someone posting includes what they are looking for in the title or description with their picture.
Please don't take this as a negative - its not. Its just a help as a way to sooner get replies. A lot of the time I just skip the ones where people assume we know what they want to know until someone else finally asks.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1347 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ArrowsAndRays to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Modern sensibilities cringe at holed coins, but it was a common practice at the time.
VG8, details.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3068 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-8 Holed. (big hole at that)
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 193Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05