Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinworld Announces The 2021-S Silver Proof Mint Set Release Date

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 341Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1108 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  7:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Quote:
The 2021-S Silver Proof set, to be offered by the U.S. Mint beginning at noon Eastern Time April 20, will be a seven-coin numismatic product and include the two quarter dollars designated for 2021.

Four of the seven coins in the set will be struck on planchets of .999 fine silver — the Roosevelt dime, Kennedy half dollar, the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site quarter dollar and the Washington Crossing the Delaware quarter dollar.

Quote:
The remaining coins in the 2021 Silver Proof set are the Lincoln copper-plated zinc cent (with two platings of pure copper rather than the one given to circulating strikes); the Jefferson copper-nickel 5-cent coin; and the Native American manganese brass-clad dollar.

The same coins will be part of the 2021 Limited Edition Silver Proof set, tentatively slated for release sometime in the fall, according to the Mint's product catalog.

The U.S. Mint has not yet released pricing information for either set, nor indicated whether either would have a product limit.

EDIT: It's possible that the new reverse on the Quarter of Gen. Washington crossing the Delaware might be limited to less than 1 year..

Quote:
The Washington Crossing the Delaware coin is being issued under a provision of Public Law 110-456, which authorized the 56-coin America the Beautiful Quarters Program, and included two provisions about successor coins. The theme for the replacement coin was designated in the legislation, and was intended as the "permanent" and static design for the denomination. However, legislation authorizing a new 56-coin program honoring women to begin in 2022 may result in the design being used for less than a year.

Here's the complete story:

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...art-in-april
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Edited by Dearborn
02/27/2021 7:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7070 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When they raised the prices insanely high on these silver proof sets a couple months ago I cancelled my subscription. I only get them for the half anyway and it will be a lot less money to wait and buy just the half. I am thinking of dropping the ASEs as well. They changed the design so its a good time to stop collecting the proof ASEs. Although after seeing the new design I might decide to keep collecting.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3322 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I no longer get silver proofs, but I do want the Washington crossing quarter, but I'll get it on the secondary market, I would rather get it for $10-$15 slabbed than buy the whole set.
Edited by hfjacinto
02/27/2021 10:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1045 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update. I check the Mint's web-site at least every month or so and knew it was due in early spring. So now that it's official, I'll order the two proof sets and final two Innovation Reverse Proof Dollars to complete my yearly order and save on postage. With exception to the mint set Which isn't due until the fall. That I'll order along with the Innovation products sometime in November/December.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Valued Member
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$105 - wowser. Almost seems like an Ebay Scam listing https://catalog.usmint.gov/silver-p...uct-schedule
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 341Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05