Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

[joke] Some Errors Or Varieties Must Be Very Valuable.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 410Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
637 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  8:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, Etsy have some errors and variety. Just follow the links. Please do fight each others for biddings, almost for the 1985 penny.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/832..._bot-1&frs=1

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/884...isting_bot-1

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/760...ated-8&frs=1
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50088 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must be the site, the YouTube videos quote.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1655 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Etsy is known for it's ridiculous prices that people ask. The first cent is just badly damaged and the other 2 steel cents are well circulated examples - nothing special about them.
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Garbage.... nothing to see here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3595 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please do fight each others...

Says it all, me thinks.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
637 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted just for funny and see how people become reach.

Thanks

PS Next post is serious.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sheesh! I need to start selling on etsy.. (jk)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
United States
4224 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
....I don't believe it..You mean, I just gave a co-worker (beginner collector) a 20,000 dollar cent..

I gave her..1891 IHC,09VDB,1943P LWC,1958P LWC, set of 2009 LC, 2005 bison nickel,2014s proof quarter and a 2020P Maryland dollar coin....Esty value.. half a million in coins.....How stupid was I...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Edited by Greasy Fingers
02/27/2021 11:55 pm
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15036 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know what's so stupid about these Etsy listings ? Those idiot sellers could probably make a lot of money if they just had the brains to ask more sensible prices for their junk that they are calling errors . Do they really think someone will pay $50,000 for a supposedly error penny . The dumb son of a jerk should just ask $100- $500 and probably make out just fine . But nope , they have to be greedy .Not that I'm condoning that they should conducted their business that way because I'm dead against dishonest sellers on any site .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PPorro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And for the books, a perfect example of "Asking price, isn't Selling price and asking price is not the way to determine value." Too bad that these kind of offerings and eBay fraud identification errors,are giving interested new people a bad impression of the whole hobby.

At the very least they should learn to be skeptical until they can learn more or ask here?

I just can't wait for things to return to normal, so I can go to a coin show again.
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, perhaps one can put these on a thread titled: the worst coins on ebay, etsy, and elsewhere on this site.
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Igor22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last year I noticed a large amount of very common circulation coins being listed on eBay with absurdly high Buy It Now prices.

I inquired as to how the value was determined to about 40 of these listings from different sellers, and only 15 replied. 6 sellers researched their coin value via Etsy from a Google search, 5 sellers seen the same coin listed on eBay with a higher price and listed their coin with a lower price, and 4 sellers based their values from a "list" they bought after watching a video or reading an online article that ultimately was selling a "list".

After more research, I found that the "List" was being sold for $5 to $60 depending on where purchased online. The "list" was titled as "Make Thousands of Dollars Selling Pocket Change Coins Online". The maker of the "List" used dozens of eBay accounts listing common low value or face value coins (Bicentennial Quarters, high Mintage year Wheat Cents, and so on) with extremely high Buy It Now prices. And later used another eBay account to buy the extremely over priced coins....just to get a screenshot of the "Sold" prices of these common coins. These screenshots were then used in the videos and online articles to prove the "List" can make you thousands of dollars selling the coins that are on the list.

The websites and videos are only active for a few days before changing the URL...for obvious reasons.

I guess the scammers are always on the prowl.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Luvdattcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Did they also write reviews about seller being exceptionally easy to deal with too. With real FREE shipping.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 410Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05